TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$20,000 Shelby Wheels on eBay

shelbymotorsports

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two fools born a minute and one of them has money.... of which they are soon parted. Wonder who the fool will be that would be willing to pay that much for a set of wheels?

Ya know what's sad?

That's a customer, a TS member here. He just bought these from us.

And people wonder why we have to be defensive sometimes.

I'm NOT happy.

Jer

Help me understand... How rare are these wheels?

They looked to be 20" Alcoa wheels with "SHELBY", "SUPER", "SNAKE", and "FORGED" engraved into the bead edge (as different from the KR engraved versions).

The eBay poster states that the wheels he's offering no longer come equipped on current SuperSnakes, if true, what wheels do come on current SuperSnakes (and how are they different from what he's selling?)

-Pockdog

Help me understand... How rare are these wheels?

They looked to be 20" Alcoa wheels with "SHELBY", "SUPER", "SNAKE", and "FORGED" engraved into the bead edge (as different from the KR engraved versions).

The eBay poster states that the wheels he's offering no longer come equipped on current SuperSnakes, if true, what wheels do come on current SuperSnakes (and how are they different from what he's selling?)

-Pockdog

They are now completely new. Check out: http://www.shelbyamerican.com/2013gt500.asp

We keep a stock of the old ones for service, when a customer damages them, or a secondhand car turns up with its originals missing, etc. We've even helped out people who want a pair for drag slicks, etc... and no good deed goes unpunished!

Jer

Ya know what's sad?

That's a customer, a TS member here. He just bought these from us.

And people wonder why we have to be defensive sometimes.

I'm NOT happy.

Jer

I didn't know you could buy the Super Snake Alcoas from SPP. I was told only warrentee issues could get me a replacement wheels for my SS.

In any case it's a shame and I wouldn't take it personal Jer. You and your team are doing a great job.

Jer, what would have been the price for these wheels/center caps?

$1919.18 plus shipping and any applicable tax. Only available to Super Snake owners.

Jer

I didn't know you could buy the Super Snake Alcoas from SPP. I was told only warrentee issues could get me a replacement wheels for my SS.

In any case it's a shame and I wouldn't take it personal Jer. You and your team are doing a great job.

Well, we've tried to help when we can - we don't want our car owners having to resort to eBay, etc...to fix their cars.

Jer

At least they had free shipping, This usually happens when you try to help someone, they also probley had a sob story to go along with the orginal purchase, btw Jer, hows the GO helmet coming?

Yeah, the sob story works on me too often, unfortunately.

The G.O. helmet will happen soon, the paint guys are overloaded. I'll know more next week, my guess.

Jer

Did he at least give you some lube with the $1919.18??

Or did you get screwed dry.

Sorry, that is just wrong on every level.

We've never raised the price on SS wheels, as they were never a retail product, only in stock for SS owners.

Jer

Jer, I know the drill on the wheels.

And my comment was on your side.

As for pricing the SS wheels and keeping them on hand for current SS owners; great job.

Not too many companies around who will do that.

As for the the getting screwed and lube part,,,, fill in the blanks my friend.

Sounds like that person raped you and is looking to rape someone else to flip a large profit on your kindness.

That kind of problem would never happen if an exchange program would be in place for special parts.

Send the damaged one, will send you the replacement...

Easy.

Some companies do it and they have no clone or speculation issues.

SAI and SPP do have that program in place. How this person got a full set is still beyond me. :shrug:

They are now completely new. Check out: http://www.shelbyamerican.com/2013gt500.asp

We keep a stock of the old ones for service, when a customer damages them, or a secondhand car turns up with its originals missing, etc. We've even helped out people who want a pair for drag slicks, etc... and no good deed goes unpunished!

Jer

Now THESE wheels are AWESOME.

I would ban him and never let him receive help from SAI for any car issues.

Why? Because he's partaking in good ole American ingenuity and free enterprise by trying to sell HIS wheels, that HE paid for...At a profit?

If the *seller* is somehow to blame...Where does that leave Shelby American and Jer? THEY sold him the wheels, also at a profit. They are HIS to do as he sees fit to do.

So if the seller should be banned and refused help from Shelby American, do you think Jer should be banned too?

Sheesh,

Phill

Why? Because he's partaking in good ole American ingenuity and free enterprise by trying to sell HIS wheels, that HE paid for...At a profit?

If the *seller* is somehow to blame...Where does that leave Shelby American and Jer? THEY sold him the wheels, also at a profit. They are HIS to do as he sees fit to do.

So if the seller should be banned and refused help from Shelby American, do you think Jer should be banned too?

Sheesh,

Phill

+1000

Sheesh,

Phill

Phill,

My problem with this guy is that he makes it harder for the rest of us honest people to get parts when we really need them. Obviously this guy pulled the wool over Jer's eyes to get a deal on these wheels. I'm guessing quite dishoneslty. This is not American Ingenuity to me. Just plain deceitful. I don't know the story of how he got these wheels, but trying to make a profit based on being dishonest is not cool to me and makes it hard for folks who are real and in a real need. It would be nice for this seller to come on here and defend his sale and how he talked Jer out of these wheels, but obviously that is not going to happen.

Archived