TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great Lakes Region Pony Run to the 50th in Charlotte

Firekiller

Hello fellow Great Lakes Team Shelby members. We are putting together a pony run for the 50th event in Charlotte and would like to extend an invitation to all members of Team Shelby as well as anyone else that wold like to travel to Charlotte together. This is not a Team SHelby only event, if you know someone who is planning on going they are more than welcome to join us.

I know there are going to be people that are trailering as well as driving their beloved Mustang. We are planning on everyone meeting in Indianapolis, In on April 14th and staying the night here and leaving bright and early on the 15th. The hotel for Indy stay has not been finalized as of this date, but we are working on it. I am working to find a hotel that is going to discount the rate as well as have enough room in the parking lot for trailers as well as allowing some folks to park in their lot that may be traveling by RV.

At this time the itenerary is not final, but we still have a few months to get things squared away. This is what we have so far:

April 14th : Everyone from out of Indy meeting and have a brief meet and greet at Indy hotel.

April 15th: Everyone up bright and early for departure to Charlotte, leave at approx 6:00 AM and travel to Florence, Ky

1st stop will be in Florence, Ky to pick up members from the Ohio area and northern Kentucky area, along with refueling.

2nd stop will be in Lexington, Ky for any southern Kentucky members wanting to travel with us, and fuel stop.

3rd stop will be in Knoxville, Tn for any Mississippi Valley members, and of course fuel again.

4th stop will be in Asheville, NC and will be our final stop before entering the Charloote area.

All stops are going to be at areas large enough (hopefully) to accomodate everyones vehicles (diesel, gas...) and use restrooms, snacks. and will last approx 30 minutes per stop. We are taking in consideration vehicles that may need frequent stops do to pulling trailers and cars that may be running 4:10 gears and such. Oh and children and Wives that need R/R breaks.

Map quest states that the trip from Indy to Charlotte will take 9 hours and with the stops should put us at 12hrs tops to hotels. I ask that anyone wanting more info please contact me through private msg or post and I will try to answer questions promptly.

I also ask everyone that would like to join us on this wonderful trip to sign up on our eventbrite website, it does not cost anything to join or for tickets, it is just a way for us to track the amount of people joining us and lets us know where everyone will be coming from.

Here is the link to eventbrite page to register. Thanks and hope you can join us.

https://50thmustanganniversary-eorg.eventbrite.com/

For those of you that are coming to Indy on April 14 for the overnight stay. Here is a link to the Radisson Hotel. Any questions email me at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com.

http://www.radisson.com/teamshelby

• 2 months later...

Bad Horse, we will be discussing that on our Monday night call. We do know if you park on the infield the car doesn't have in and out privileges. Keep watching this thread for more info. And when you can tell us a little about you and your car.

Rich

Hi Rich, I have a modified 07 GT-5OO. Am over 65 and attended the 25th Bash at Charlotte.

I would much rather park outside of the track on nice even asphalt than on the rather rough grass

infield. But that is a personal preference. I am going down Friday morning via RT 77. I live

in Cambridge ,Ohio . I am also an MCA Modified Gold Card judge. Hope to see you in the MORE parking

area where Shelbys will rule. Ron

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow Great Lakes Team Shelby members. We are putting together a pony run for the 50th event in Charlotte and would like to extend an invitation to all members of Team Shelby as well as anyone else that wold like to travel to Charlotte together. This is not a Team SHelby only event, if you know someone who is planning on going they are more than welcome to join us.

I know there are going to be people that are trailering as well as driving their beloved Mustang. We are planning on everyone meeting in Indianapolis, In on April 14th and staying the night here and leaving bright and early on the 15th. The hotel for Indy stay has not been finalized as of this date, but we are working on it. I am working to find a hotel that is going to discount the rate as well as have enough room in the parking lot for trailers as well as allowing some folks to park in their lot that may be traveling by RV.

At this time the itenerary is not final, but we still have a few months to get things squared away. This is what we have so far:

April 14th : Everyone from out of Indy meeting and have a brief meet and greet at Indy hotel.

April 15th: Everyone up bright and early for departure to Charlotte, leave at approx 6:00 AM and travel to Florence, Ky

1st stop will be in Florence, Ky to pick up members from the Ohio area and northern Kentucky area, along with refueling.

2nd stop will be in Lexington, Ky for any southern Kentucky members wanting to travel with us, and fuel stop.

3rd stop will be in Knoxville, Tn for any Mississippi Valley members, and of course fuel again.

4th stop will be in Asheville, NC and will be our final stop before entering the Charloote area.

All stops are going to be at areas large enough (hopefully) to accomodate everyones vehicles (diesel, gas...) and use restrooms, snacks. and will last approx 30 minutes per stop. We are taking in consideration vehicles that may need frequent stops do to pulling trailers and cars that may be running 4:10 gears and such. Oh and children and Wives that need R/R breaks.

Map quest states that the trip from Indy to Charlotte will take 9 hours and with the stops should put us at 12hrs tops to hotels. I ask that anyone wanting more info please contact me through private msg or post and I will try to answer questions promptly.

I also ask everyone that would like to join us on this wonderful trip to sign up on our eventbrite website, it does not cost anything to join or for tickets, it is just a way for us to track the amount of people joining us and lets us know where everyone will be coming from.

Here is the link to eventbrite page to register. Thanks and hope you can join us.

https://50thmustanganniversary-eorg.eventbrite.com/

For those of you that are coming to Indy on April 14 for the overnight stay. Here is a link to the Radisson Hotel. Any questions email me at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com.

http://www.radisson.com/teamshelby

I can offer some good food suggestions in downtown Asheville if you guys want. I'm up there regularly for business. You should also consider stopping by the Highland Brewing Company (one of my clients) for a taste test if you plan to do an overnight in Asheville.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Lakes Team is aware that I plan to leave from work on the North side of Detroit around 5:00 April 14. Indy is little too far to make by myself that night to start so early the 15th, so I am targeting Findlay or Lima Ohio to be in range to catch the group in Florence.

Anyone that cares to join in is welcome to join in from Michigan if they want. A past experience going to Greenville SC worked well with staying in Findlay.

PM if interested.

Tom

Archived