TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone fixed their license plate holes then stripe over them?

buffalotr8

I am thinking about getting into a 2011 white stripe delete but I would want to stripe it. It has two holes in the front bumper from the license plate. Has anyone had the holes fixed in order to stripe over them? Did you do it yourself, had a body shop do it, or even the stripe shop fix it? I have not enquired locally and was wondering what some of the cost would be. Thanks.

You'll need a body ship to do it right. And for the cost delta, painting a new fascia isn't a whole lot more than having the holes filled and painted over.

Unless your state requires front tags, you may also consider a decorative placeholder instead.

Yep. The dealer screwed up and drilled my front bumper while "prepping" my car - fresh off the truck (even though I had in writing on the order not to do that). They admitted fault, and the dealer body shop repaired and painted the front bumper cover - did a really nice job. A couple months later I had OEM stipes put on - looks perfect. Good luck - I agree that Shelby's should have stripes! BTW, mrfarmdog (Stuck on you graphics) has a template for the rear letters that is helpful.

Sween

Yes, I had this done to mine (actually be Tasca). Just be sure to also have them patch the holes to the quality acceptable for paint. You may or may not choose to actually paint the patches since they will be under the stripes.

Edit - then get yourself a Craig's Custom License Plate Bracket .

Archived