TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ran my 2011 at the track..

dsblk93gt

100% bone stock 12.45@116 granny shifting the 1-2 due to the wonderful grind. A few weeks later with wot box and drag radials I ran 11.95@118 1.85 60ft. This was on nitto nt05r. If I power shift it will usually go into 2nd but not all the time. MGW going in this week.

Attached are 2 best bone stock, 12.49 I grinded 2nd and fought with it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/fiveltrdave/2013-07-21_21-07-19_856.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/fiveltrdave/2013-08-17_17-21-51_541.jpg

Nice runs! What traction control setting did you select?

Last week, I had the MGW installed and want to get out to the track before winter rolls around. The shifter is definitely an improvement over stock because the slop is eliminated and shifts are shorter --- but it still has that terrible notch when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Having played around with the Steeda Tri-Ax on past model Mustangs, I would have gone that route. Everyone boasts about MGW on this forum, but nobody seem to use anything else. I can't imagine the Steeda having slop or a longer throw than stock so it would be worth the shot in my opinion.

Very nice times! As far as shifter's, I went with a Barton and haven't missed a shift since. It's very beefy compared to the stock shifter and rods, get's rid of that rubbery feel after you've gotten a few miles on it. With the stock shifter I had problems getting into second when shifting "briskly" and other gears at higher rpms. The Barton is rock solid every gear and at all rpms.

• 2 weeks later...

I am amazed at the consistency of your track times. I tracked my '12 and my best time was a 12.38 @118mph on the stock F1 tires. I also had to granny shift in to second. I was never really able to make a hrd shift in to second. I usually just blew the shift or ground a few pounds of meat in the process. Hard to believe the gentle approach proved to be the quickest.

I am amazed at the consistency of your track times. I tracked my '12 and my best time was a 12.38 @118mph on the stock F1 tires. I also had to granny shift in to second. I was never really able to make a hrd shift in to second. I usually just blew the shift or ground a few pounds of meat in the process. Hard to believe the gentle approach proved to be the quickest.

Consistency at a drag strip with street tires is a tall order. I always get a hearty laugh when I see guys popping champagne corks over 11 second time slips in these 50 thousand dollar Mustangs. My new Terminator that cost 29 grand new ran 11.9 with a pulley and a tune.

Archived