TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best aftermarket exhaust for the 2013/2014 GT500?

texaggie

Best aftermarket exhaust for 2013/14 GT500  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which exhaust set up is best for the 2013/2014 GT500?

• MagnaFlow Street
    • Borla S-Type
    • Corsa Sport
    • Ford Racing
    • Roush w/ Dual Chamber Tip
  2. 2. Axle-Back or Cat-Back?

Ok, so as some of you may already know, I recently traded in my 2008 GT500 for a 2013 GT500. Now the question is which after market exhaust is best? I would like a little better sound (but not crazy loud and no/minimal drone), better looks, and if possible better performance. Which set up do you guys think hits the mark best and why? (I had the Ford racing exhaust on my 2008.)

Like yourself, i had a 2008 GT 500 w/ Ford racing axle backs and they were good. I bought a 2013 GT500 on november of last year and about 4 months ago I decided to buy the Corsa sport axle backs and they in my opinion are lighter, better built than the Ford racing ones which by the way are built by Borla, and sound great w/ no drone.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am missing something, I have a 2014 and never considered swapping out brand new exhaust, is there a reason to swap it out?

Audio and visual aesthetics along with a slight jump in power and torque through a more efficient exhaust system.

I think I am missing something, I have a 2014 and never considered swapping out brand new exhaust, is there a reason to swap it out?

You are not missing a thing. People just like to make their cars more their own. Unless you modding the engine there's really no need

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that most of the aftermarket exhaust systems for the late model Mustang are very quiet at idle/low RPM, but get loud when you're on it. Personally, I would like a bit more rumble at idle. I don't get enough opportunities to open it up, and would love to hear a bit more attitude when idling or cruising.

I've noticed that most of the aftermarket exhaust systems for the late model Mustang are very quiet at idle/low RPM, but get loud when you're on it. Personally, I would like a bit more rumble at idle. I don't get enough opportunities to open it up, and would love to hear a bit more attitude when idling or cruising.

1+

• 3 weeks later...

Archived