TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Northern California Edition

07SGTC

It would be interesting to know which SGT-California is now the furthest from northern California.

Not, me. I'm in San Rafael, 10 miles North of San Francisco. Smack dab in NorCal.

How far is the farthest away?

I know of one in MA, car was sold new in Hollister CA to a buyer in San Diego, then to second owner in MA.

About a year ago I was told in another thread that there was under 40 cars that had the correct sill plates.

Since the sills were only available after the cars were sold, it has been up to knowledgeable owners to order and install the NorCal Sill plates.

So, this number doesn't surprise me. That's almost 25%!

Surprised to find one for sale where I got our 08SGT. It is at H&O Auto Sales in Danville, Va. Was sold in Ca originally - has the dash pod but doesn't have the sill plates. I told Larry to contact Shelby for them. White 5 speed - asking 24K with 70,000 miles on it. Pictures show all stock and clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I know of one in MA, car was sold new in Hollister CA to a buyer in San Diego, then to second owner in MA.

Yes, I am the one in MA with one. Cali_KR vouched for it on TS and was one of the

reasons I bought this specific car. The other reason is that as an ex-Californian I thought

I'd bring a bit of it back east to me.

-Tom

Yes, I am the one in MA with one. Cali_KR vouched for it on TS and was one of the

reasons I bought this specific car. The other reason is that as an ex-Californian I thought

I'd bring a bit of it back east to me.

-Tom

Hey Tom,

How goes it?

Here is your NorCal Edition SGT in front of the selling dealer, Tiffany Ford, which is also the oldest Ford dealer in California.

Motor on,

Tom

med_gallery_8875_298_388045.jpg

med_gallery_8875_298_388045.jpg

Hey Tom,

How goes it?

Here is your NorCal Edition SGT in front of the selling dealer, Tiffany Ford, which is also the oldest Ford dealer in California.

Motor on,

Tom

Tom,

Things are going great with the car... all miles are from racing or TS related events. The sills

were already installed by the previous owner, and I am doing my part to inform the East Coast

enthusiasts about the Nor Cal Edition whenever they ask me about the gauge pod.

Note that the previous hero cards posted were not official, and the gauge pod shown is a stock

SPP photo that has the boost gauge. That's another thing I have to explain because even those

folk with a lot of modern Shelby knowledge will presume the car is SC with the hood closed once

they see the gauge pod. But I am keeping it nice and NA for racing reasons, so I will just keep

explaining. My hope next year is to formally qualify the car and driver as an SCCA Time Trials

participant.

Take care,

Tom (Nor Cal version stuck in MA)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes I would sure like to add my ShelbyGT Nor Cal Edition to the list. CSM 5316. This Shelby was also purchased at Walnut Creek Ford. White/Gray interior. Came with ShelbyGT Calif. still plates.

Archived