TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruise to Carmel, Lunch at Baja Cantina - Saturday 10/5/2013

SVT NAJA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glenda and I plan to attend. I will catch the conga at Reservation Road and Hwy 1. Jim, interested in going through Cannery Row, along coast (Lover Point, Asilomar Beach etc) then back up cutting through Pacific Grove Sunset Drive up to Hwy 1 then into Carmel Valley?

Harald,

It's great that your schedule will allow you and Glenda to join us for the day with your award winning Hertz! I penciled you 2 in above and look forward to the seeing the Black and Gold in Marina on Hwy 1 come the 5th.

I was thinking we could do the Cannery Row and Pacific Grove jaunt after lunch?

Jim

Sounds like fun. Going to try and clear the calendar. We would meet @ the Gilroy checkpoint.

Parking is not fun around Cannery Row though.

Troy,

I'll post you up on page one, but please let me know when your plan firms up.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you on the 5th in Gilroy.

Jim

PS: We'll cruise Cannery Row and Pacific Grove after lunch so we can work off some of that buffet...

Hey I wana play play............ :happy feet:

Put me down for myself and Kathy. Oh and i can't forget BLUE THUNDER :peelout:

Jim,

It's great that you and Kathy (and BLUE THUNDER) can join us for the day.

Can't wait to hear the inside story on KP's SPEC project!

See you in Gilroy on the 5th.

Jim

Harald,

It's great that your schedule will allow you and Glenda to join us for the day with your award winning Hertz! I penciled you 2 in above and look forward to the seeing the Black and Gold in Marina on Hwy 1 come the 5th.

I was thinking we could do the Cannery Row and Pacific Grove jaunt after lunch?

Jim

Perfect. You always have a plan :)

Hello Jim

Looks like a fairly good attendance is anticipated. You may want to check with Pat, owner of Baha and see if he could get permission from the property owner to use the lawn at the south end of the parking lot as they did during car week. Just a thought.

Hello Jim

Looks like a fairly good attendance is anticipated. You may want to check with Pat, owner of Baha and see if he could get permission from the property owner to use the lawn at the south end of the parking lot as they did during car week. Just a thought.

Harald,

Good point. I'll give Pat a call. Thanks!

Jim

Allen,

Great that you can make it again this year!

Hopefully, Butch Cassidy and the Kid are nowhere to be found this time. :drop:

I assume we'll meet up at Sun Valley?

Jim

yes jim I will meet at Sun valley with you.

we can only hope not too see the Butch twins

Hi Jim

Tricia and I will attend.

Also, I have posted this on the Norcal and VMOA sites. I will keep you posted on the response.

MM

MM,

Great to hear that you and Tricia will be attending.

I'll stay tuned for your updates from NorCal SAAC and VMOA.

Speaking of which, I copied Roger and Laura with the thread this past Sunday.

Jim

Hi I am in!

I'll pick up the line in Gilroy. I am flying back from Indianapolis on Friday night, but I'll be there ready to go!

Jared

Jared,

Indianapolis? Well at least it isn't January. Way too cold for my Kali blood.

See you in Gilroy!

Jim

Jared,

Indianapolis? Well at least it isn't January. Way too cold for my Kali blood.

See you in Gilroy!

Jim

Yup. Most of my time will be spent indoors at the hotel in a conference room for the continuing education I'll be there for. It's going to be nothing compared to Washington D.C. in January! Now that one is going to be cold ....

Great cruise last year and great food. Please add two more to the list

Sleeeker B)

Yes, last year was a blast, but this time around I think everyone will find the buffet tasty and much more efficient. As you'll recall, in the past some were just receiving their hot plates when others were finishing up...

Looking forward to seeing you 2 on the 5th in Gilroy!

Jim--we are now a definite maybe. I may come up with an excuse to get out of my prior commitment. Plus it will give me a reason to actually drive the 03 Cobra. I showed my wife the pics from this summer and she was not a happy camper that I didn't take her after all the talk I have done about this place, oops. Don't worry, I won't post the bathroom pic I showed you. haha. Will they save us 25 spots? We'll meet you in Concord.

10d8k0y.jpg

It's me again--the map shows the meet spot as the onramp, probably not right. If we are coming from the north this would be the bldg. on the right as we exit 680??

Bruce,

You might need to "click out" one resolution on the Google map (it should have rendered in "birds eye"). Take the S/B I-680 exit to Willow Pass Road. At the stop, turn from the extreme right lane, go 1 block and then right again. We'll be visible on the left.

Posted you 2 up, and good luck with the cover story...

Jim

Archived