TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Brake Duct / Driving Light Bezels????

I have been informed by Shelby Performance Parts that these brake duct bezels may be discontinued, even though their website states "THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY ON 90 DAY BACKORDER, BUT IS NOT DISCONTINUED. Also I have read from these online posts that these bezels are currently being redesigned. At this point I am guessing that there is no intention to produce more of the current brake duct bezels, but they may be available sometime in the future after they undergo a redesign. Even if these brake duct bezels get redesigned, I really like the look of the current ones that are no longer available!

Regardless of the future brake duct bezels, I would really like to get a set of the current style. I have conducted a lengthy search on the web to discover that no one has these brake duct bezels available for sale, and I have seen many requests by others still wanting to buy these. Since no one has these bezels available to sell (proving that they did sell quite well), and the demand for them appears evident, couldn't the current brake duct bezels still be produced while the redesign is being considered? It seems obvious that the current style bezels will still sell. More importantly, I believe this would make a lot of Mustang/Shelby owners happy!! :banvictory:

Would anyone else in this forum be interested in purchasing the current Shelby GT Brake Duct / Driving Light Bezels?

NO....... I am one of the ones waiting for the redesign for it to fit with the Shelby radiator and shelby heat exchanger. I already the orginal Bezels and the brake duct hole and the driving lights hole are located opposite of what they should be.

• 3 weeks later...

They were "gone" a few years ago. I found a case of them on the top shelf, covered in dust, and made them available a YEAR ago.

Now, we are out, and redesigning a new replacement that will have better light and intercooler clearance.

Jer

So NordicShelby, are you saying that you have a set of bezels (with the driving lights on the outside) that you do not want? If so, I would be happy to buy them from you.

They are on my car now with the driving lights. I doubt I will ever sell them even when I get the new design. I am a collector so they will hang on my wall.

What's the ETA on ready for sale date?

We're still early in development. Can't say yet.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really would like those as well, I may go with the JLT kit from Lethal Performance until the new desigh comes out. They only have the brake duct, not room for both the duct and the driving lights, but would be better than nothing if we don't have an ETA on the Shelby one.

At least we have an advocate since JerG has them himself!

Will the new design fit with the Paxton supercharger?

I really would like those as well, I may go with the JLT kit from Lethal Performance until the new desigh comes out. They only have the brake duct, not room for both the duct and the driving lights, but would be better than nothing if we don't have an ETA on the Shelby one.

At least we have an advocate since JerG has them himself!

Will the new design fit with the Paxton supercharger?

The new ones will work with everything. Of course, this compatibility is what makes them a challenge to manufacture, but we decided it was time to step it up and make the right product.

Jer

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived