TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRRP suspension on exec cars

ITHERTZ66

Did ALL the convertibles get different suspension mods from SA compared to the '06 Coupes? Did all of them get just the springs?

The 5 speed car pictured has a different rear end cover than the exec convertible that is Automatic. Did they have the same rearend?

Just to add, some of the vert guys have gone back and installed the entire FRPP suspension as the 06. Ford at the time I believe did not approve for the vert the FRPP suspension kit in its totality. Not sure if that has changed over the years. Now the 06 did not get the FRPP front A arm brace like the verts.

Just to add, some of the vert guys have gone back and installed the entire FRPP suspension as the 06. Ford at the time I believe did not approve for the vert the FRPP suspension kit in its totality. Not sure if that has changed over the years. Now the 06 did not get the FRPP front A arm brace like the verts.

Yeah, from what I remember the FR-3 handling pack was not available for the convertibles, just for coupes.

You could install it on a 'vert if you wanted, it just wasn't listed for one.

I think it had something to do with the difference in weight between the two.

Phill

Did ALL the convertibles get different suspension mods from SA compared to the '06 Coupes? Did all of them get just the springs?

The 5 speed car pictured has a different rear end cover than the exec convertible that is Automatic. Did they have the same rearend?

Going by memory here but if I recall correctly both automatic & manual trans cars used the same rear end ratio just like the Shelby GT's. The GTH manual trans cars did receive a different "tune" and were built at the end of the run so there is a chance I'm not remembering everything from back then.

Now if I had to guess I would say that the GTH manual trans cars already came equipped from Ford with the 3:55 gears so that would explain the different cover as SAI would not have swapped out the rear end on those 17 cars.

Steve

Thanks for this info. I have the Eibach Pro-S coils I picked up in the Summer Sale that I had originally intended for my 2012 GT500 Vert. Since I traded it for a 2014 GT500 Vert, I am going to put these in the GT-H as an alternative.

Archived