TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front seat headrests in 2011 GT500

bill.50

Bill - if you are looking at new head rests because the stock ones are too far forward, I can relate. I found mine to be very uncomfortable, pushing my head way too forward. My easy solution was to have my shop put them in a hydraulic press and bend them back a little. Good luck...

Sween

I bought the updated OEM headrest for the 2013+ for less than aftermarket - they work great, much more comfortable than the horrible ones that came in the car. They are tilt-adjustable like the aftermarket but were actually cheaper - I paid $234.52 shipped from AutoNation White Bear Lake (formerly Tousley Ford). I just gave them a VIN from a 2013 with regular seats to make sure they had the right part #, easy transaction and they look great - plus they are OEM!

• 4 weeks later...

I have had Recaros in both my cars so I don't know exactly how they are made or if this would work... But, my wifes Navigator had headrests that tilted forward and after 30 mintues driving my back and neck would be acheing. I finally discovered you could take them out and turn them 180 degrees resulting in the tilt going the opposite direction. I still hate driving the Navi but at least it's painless now.

Archived