TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang 50th in Vegas

ejrail

I just booked the Excaliber in Vegas from 4-14 thru 4/20.

I know several of my Mustang club (NUMOA) members are also going to Vegas. Several of my club members who are also TS are joining the Mustangs Across America from Oklahoma to Charlotte.

• 2 months later...

I just booked the Excaliber in Vegas from 4-14 thru 4/20.

I know several of my Mustang club (NUMOA) members are also going to Vegas. Several of my club members who are also TS are joining the Mustangs Across America from Oklahoma to Charlotte.

If you want tp park with other TS members read the Events Discussion thread and if interested PM me with required info. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83187-mca-50th-anniversary-more-program-ts-members-vegas/

Many folks from the Denver area will be going also. Routes and dates will vary. Some going south, some going north to 80, some going across 70. I know folk from 7 different Mustang Clubs here in Denver going. So will be a pretty large group. Quite a few folks from the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club will be going and taking the Pony Drive down south. I'm not sure what I'll be doing as I need to go out early for the Shelby Bash. My plan right now is to go across 70 with the truck and trailer with the GT-H.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm leaving April 16th and plan to be in Albuquerque around 11-11:30AM. So far I have 3-4 other mustangs making the trip. Here's my itinerary for the trip:

1. April 16, depart Colorado Springs @ 5:30-6:00AM
2. Arrive in Albuquerque @ 11:00-11:30AM
3. Albuquerque to Las Vegas - is about 8-9 hours so I expect to arrive in LV by 9:00-10:00 PM.
4. Mustang 50th anniversary celebration April 17-20
4, April 20, depart LV at 8:00AM heading back to Colorado (using the same route).

We are staying at the Luxor and already registered our mustangs and bought tickets to the banquet that is being held on the April 17.

If anyone wants to join us or meet somewhere along the way, please let me know.

David

I'll be there Thursday to Saturday. Anyone from AZ going?

There are 3 of us right now that are doing the Sunday the 13th run out to Palm Springs from Phoenix if interested in joining...

I will be traveling back to Phoenix on Friday.

Matt

OK, will check with the club and see where to meet to say hello. We usually like to meet at the Owl Cafe on I-40 (mucho excellent green chile cheeseburgers), but you guys are coming down I-25 right?

Yes, we will be coming down I25. We plan to catch parts of Route 66 going west if we can.

David

• 1 month later...

This should be a great time in Vegas. Just trying to figure out what time the pony will be in Kingman and what time they are thinking of departing Kingman. That way I can make sure to be there.

Hey we are driving the pony drive from Norman to Vegas, and will be staying the night of the 15th in Flagstaff. I can PM you my cell number and then text you either that Tuesday, or Wednesday morning to let you know what time the group will be leaving Flagstaff and then you can gauge what time we'll be driving thru Kingman.

We from New Mexico will be taking I-40 out to Kingman and then on to 'Vegas. Many are coming from Norman, as that is the Pony Drive launch point..

I looked at a map to see the southern route to Vegas but have never been that way. I use 40 to get to CA with. I use 40 when the weather is bad over 70/15 but never took the right turn up to Vegas.

By the map it looks like a small mountain road, which I'm not at all fond of. Have you ever traveled that route before and if so, what's it like?

I drive a dovetail hauler with my Shelby on the back so it's long and heavy. How are the grades and/or hairpin turns along that route?

TIA,

Phill Pollard - Colorado Springs, CO

Hey we are driving the pony drive from Norman to Vegas, and will be staying the night of the 15th in Flagstaff. I can PM you my cell number and then text you either that Tuesday, or Wednesday morning to let you know what time the group will be leaving Flagstaff and then you can gauge what time we'll be driving thru Kingman.

Got your pm, thank you!

I looked at a map to see the southern route to Vegas but have never been that way. I use 40 to get to CA with. I use 40 when the weather is bad over 70/15 but never took the right turn up to Vegas.

By the map it looks like a small mountain road, which I'm not at all fond of. Have you ever traveled that route before and if so, what's it like?

I drive a dovetail hauler with my Shelby on the back so it's long and heavy. How are the grades and/or hairpin turns along that route?

TIA,

Phill Pollard - Colorado Springs, CO

Phill if you are talking about US 93, it is a great road. That is the fastest way from Kingman to Vegas and it is four lanes the whole time. The only time you will get into some pretty good grades is when your coming up the mountain by the dam. But still is two lanes each direction and is good road. You should have no problem at all towing. I see trailers and RV's and vehicles towing blasting through there everytime I drive that road.

Phill if you are talking about US 93, it is a great road.

I don't have a map handy but yeah, I think it is 93. I just remember looking for the shortest route between I-40 and Las Vegas. I think it brought me up through Henderson.

Phill

I don't have a map handy but yeah, I think it is 93. I just remember looking for the shortest route between I-40 and Las Vegas. I think it brought me up through Henderson.

Phill

The last part of Highway 93 is a new highway for the final part of the drive over the new bridge at Hoover Dam. It's a great easy drive.

While you're at it, add the Highway 66 drive from Flagstaff to Kingman. It adds some time but it is a truly wonderful drive. Stop in Seligman at the Snow Cap.

• 4 weeks later...

Watch out for TedJ and I on I-15 today

We are currently in route to the event, we've been traveling on I-84, today we will be on I-15 stopping south of Salt Lake.

We decided to bypass I-93 this time down but may consider it on the way home.

Salt lake to Vegas on Sunday if anyone cares to join us, respond here or send your cell number to smkngun01@yahoo.com and we can make contact thru cells.

This has made it a nice relaxing trip so everyday feels like a vacation day instead of a made rush to get to Vegas, like previous trips to and from sin city.

See you there :)

Watch out for TedJ and I on I-15 today

We are currently in route to the event, we've been traveling on I-84, today we will be on I-15 stopping south of Salt Lake.

We decided to bypass I-93 this time down but may consider it on the way home.

Salt lake to Vegas on Sunday if anyone cares to join us, respond here or send your cell number to smkngun01@yahoo.com and we can make contact thru cells.

This has made it a nice relaxing trip so everyday feels like a vacation day instead of a made rush to get to Vegas, like previous trips to and from sin city.

See you there :)

I'll be rolling up to Mesquite for breakfast sunday morning from Vegas doing some vidcam testing on the road. Give me a time frame you'll be coming through and maybe i can hookup and follow yas back to Vegas. :)

We really enjoy reading the posts of those heading to the Bash/50th. Sure do wish we could be with you but reading about your experiences and seeing the pictures is next best! Please keep them coming during the following days with all of events that will be taking place. Thanks so much!!

Archived