TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Compliments Well Taken

Denstang65

I was cruising in So Cal on PCH in my '65 Shelby tribute today and got thumbs up from many. They are all appreciated, but what makes my day is when I get smiles and thumbs up from a rich guy cruising with his woman while, driving a newer black, killer looking Lambo. Sounded awesome, too! I do not recall what type, other than the name started with the letter M. Just proves that you do not have to be rich to be appreciated by others on the road. Also proves how much of an impact these little secretary cars have made to the world! As a side note, I still feel rather proud that I hand built my motor 3 yrs ago, I am still putting smiles on other peoples faces that hear my car. including myself! Just wanted to share.

There was a really clean one FS here on TS awhile back. I'm kind'a kickin' myself in the ass for not buying it (because I can afford it and just didn't....).

Phill

I have nothing against tribute cars so don't take my comment in the wrong way, but they may be giving a thumbs up because they think they're seeing a real vintage GT 350 being driven. In any case you are correct it shows how much people admire the Shelby creations.

You are correct. The initial reactions are that, but whenever they comment, I tell them the truth. You know what, it does not matter once they find out. People love it anyways. Besides, they are thrilled to actually see a classic Mustang on the road, tribute or not. It is my public service for all the other real GT 350s out there, to represent well and give them a glimpse of what these cars are like and what they are all about. Believe me when I say, I do my best to educate the public and teach the Shelby Gospel :rockon:

Archived