TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB 13-6-17 2012-2014 Mustang SYNC—FUNCTIONALITY CONCERNS

Grabber

TSB 13-6-17 2012-2014 Mustang SYNC — FUNCTIONALITY CONCERNS

Some vehicles equipped with SYNC may exhibit various concerns related to SYNC features. Refer to the Service Procedure for complete details.

tsb 13-06-17 2012-2014 Mustang sync functionality.pdf

tsb 13-06-17 2012-2014 Mustang sync functionality.pdf

i received a letter from ford saying you could update my sync yourself via the website and USB drive. anyone try this? took my wife's explorer in for this update and it took 90 mins to update. would be way easier to do at home.

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/download-software-updates-sync

Yes....I DID IT.

I got the same letter for my wife's 2013 Ford Focus Titanium.

I went on line and downloaded the new update on a flash drive. Plugged it into the vehicle and the vehicle must stay running. It took about 25 minutes to down load all the files and it was easy. It then uplioads a message that the down load has been completed. You then plug it into your home computer and it sends a message to Ford that the download was completed successfully. All our future updates will be done this way to her car. Very easy and convenient.

• 5 months later...

Yes....I DID IT.

I got the same letter for my wife's 2013 Ford Focus Titanium.

I went on line and downloaded the new update on a flash drive. Plugged it into the vehicle and the vehicle must stay running. It took about 25 minutes to down load all the files and it was easy. It then uplioads a message that the down load has been completed. You then plug it into your home computer and it sends a message to Ford that the download was completed successfully. All our future updates will be done this way to her car. Very easy and convenient.

i did it this weekend to our explorer. I agree, super simple and a time saver vs sitting at dealer for 2 hours. I logged onto myfordsync account for my Shelby to see if I needed an update but it said my update from Dec was the most recent.

I apologize for the thread resurrection, but can anyone confirm the latest generation/version of Sync they're running? I've checked the site mikehaeggi posted several times, but there are never any updates available...

I've had the same problem. Everytime I login in to MySync, there is never an update needed although it says my Sync is currrent, the date of the last update is July of 2011 which doesn't make sense especially considering this latest TSB. I'm so confused. Any help?

I've had the same problem. Everytime I login in to MySync, there is never an update needed although it says my Sync is currrent, the date of the last update is July of 2011 which doesn't make sense especially considering this latest TSB. I'm so confused. Any help?

According to what I read in another forum (start here and read down), there's some kind of update required that only a dealer can do. It's not available for download. :banghead:

Beautiful color and GREAT looking engine bay, BTW!

According to what I read in another forum (start here and read down), there's some kind of update required that only a dealer can do. It's not available for download. :banghead:

Beautiful color and GREAT looking engine bay, BTW!

i asked the dealer last time I was ina nd he said the same thing, any major software update has to be done by the dealer and expect 2 hours for completion.

i asked the dealer last time I was ina nd he said the same thing, any major software update has to be done by the dealer and expect 2 hours for completion.

Thanks, Mike! Looks like I'll have to decide when and where I want to trust a dealer with my car... :runaway:

Not related to this thread directly, apologies! How did you guys make out with having tires changed? I m fighting who and how to get the MPSS tires installed, do I remove the rims myself and take them in? How did you guys change your tires?

Not related to this thread directly, apologies! How did you guys make out with having tires changed? I m fighting who and how to get the MPSS tires installed, do I remove the rims myself and take them in? How did you guys change your tires?

I had mine done at Discount Tire, after a couple of lengthy conversations with the manager. (I explained my concerns. He assured me only his two best techs would do the work and that I'd be able to watch.) They completed the work exactly as promised, as I watched from less than 10 feet away. I was very satisfied with the care they exercised, and will definitely go back for any future tire work I need done.

I had mine done at Discount Tire, after a couple of lengthy conversations with the manager. (I explained my concerns. He assured me only his two best techs would do the work and that I'd be able to watch.) They completed the work exactly as promised, as I watched from less than 10 feet away. I was very satisfied with the care they exercised, and will definitely go back for any future tire work I need done.

+1 for discount tire, they replaced the tires and wheels on my old Vette and did a great job. They also recently put new tires on my Audi as well and they did a great job.

• 3 months later...

I just stopped by the dealer yesterday to have them update mine. Before the update if you hit the "i" for info then system info it read: HW VERSION: DR3T-14D544-AD and now it reads HW VERSION: DR3T-19C156-AC

I just stopped by the dealer yesterday to have them update mine. Before the update if you hit the "i" for info then system info it read: HW VERSION: DR3T-14D544-AD and now it reads HW VERSION: DR3T-19C156-AC

Good info. Thanks!

How long did the update take and do you notice any improvement in Sync functionality?

Not sure how long it took, I left it with them to resolve a chirping noise from the rear end that we feared was a bent axle from sticky R-compound track tires (turns out the rear rotors just needed to be turned). I only drove it for 10 minutes and used bluetooth streaming. Have yet to notice a difference.

The only issue I had were the steering wheel controls would never hang up a call on an iPhone 5. Figured I would have them do that since they had it anyway.

I used to be like most people on here terrified to let them drive it, eventually you have to realize you have let go if you want it fixed. The alternative is be pissed all the time when something isn't working right. It is just a machine made of interchangeable parts, I bought a 7yr 100k ford ESP premium warranty on the thing so as long as they don't wreck it or damage the paint, it couldn't be any worse than what I've done with it. ;)

Archived