TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Popping sound up front

grobertx

I've noticed a popping or klunk when the front end is going slowly over a speed bump. Not confused with contact being made. I come to almost complete stop at front of bump. When I raise up onto the bump I hear the single pop of clunk. Ball joint? Should I get this checked out?

I decided to take it in this week and have it looked at. Might as well do the 1st oil change at that time too.

My performance work(headers, high flow cats, X pipe, pulley, CAI & dyno tune) are happening soon. Don't want dealer saying any of this caused any suspension problems..,

I've noticed a popping or klunk when the front end is going slowly over a speed bump. Not confused with contact being made. I come to almost complete stop at front of bump. When I raise up onto the bump I hear the single pop of clunk. Ball joint? Should I get this checked out?

Have this TSB preformed

TSB 13-07-08 2011-2014 lower control arm.pdf

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82365-2011-2014-mustang-tsb-13-7-8-gruntcreakchirpsqueak-noise/?do=findComment&comment=1469149

TSB 13-07-08 2011-2014 lower control arm.pdf

That's great thanks! I already have a appointment set for Wed... Now I'm armed with a little more than me trying to imitate a sound the car makes...

Your welcome. Now it should be a no brainier to get authorization to order the parts and make your repairs.

Well armed with the TSB they diagnosed and replaced parts as noted... Hopefully it fixed the issue as I've yet to take her over any speed bumps yet. That help alone was worth being a member of this forum and checking in daily!

Archived