TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my windows tinted

SLGT750

Hi everyone, I am new to posting so I hope this goes well. I wanted to have more pics but am not very computer savvy! I want the thank Grabber for getting me signed up, I was there when you got your car and I had to see the pics, been hooked ever since. Your guys post made me pull the trigger and I finally got my car 4/19/07 and yes paid some adm but was definitely worth every penny. I will never doubt you guys again and all your info is much appreciated. We'll this was my first mod(tint) and I think it turned out pretty well. I have lots more in the works but we have been in the process of moving and its been pretty hectic around here( I hate moving!) My plans are lowering and wheel hop eliminator upgrades, KB stage 3, full Bassani exaust, 19x9.5, 19x11 GFG wheels and tires, one piece aluminum shaft, CS signiture plaque and sills(on order)

post-8306-1179121793_thumb.jpg

post-8306-1179121776_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone, I am new to posting so I hope this goes well. I wanted to have more pics but am not very computer savvy! I want the thank Grabber for getting me signed up, I was there when you got your car and I had to see the pics, been hooked ever since. Your guys post made me pull the trigger and I finally got my car 4/19/07 and yes paid some adm but was definitely worth every penny. I will never doubt you guys again and all your info is much appreciated. We'll this was my first mod(tint) and I think it turned out pretty well. I have lots more in the works but we have been in the process of moving and its been pretty hectic around here( I hate moving!) My plans are lowering and wheel hop eliminator upgrades, KB stage 3, full Bassani exaust, 19x9.5, 19x11 GFG wheels and tires, one piece aluminum shaft, CS signiture plaque and sills(on order)

Welcome SLGT750! Congrats on the car, looks sweet! I like the tint. Are the silver stripes see-through? I've seen it like that on a few others and love it. I tinted mine 20%, but I messed up the right window and need to do it over. :banghead:

Looks like you've got some good stuff in the works. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Good luck with the move, I couldn't imagine moving all my junk right now.

Pig

Thanks! Yes the stripes are see thru, they are a little different tint from the inside but not much. It is silver tint laid under the 20% tint. You can also get different colors I believe red and blue but I have not seen these colors done yet! And yes I have a bunch junk to move out of the garage as well(lots of former stock mustang parts). Its amazing how much stuff you can get in those rafters!

Welcome to the group

tint looks great

I like the stripes

CAAFSPQJ.jpg

CAPO8ZHL.jpg

Welcome SLGT750, I'm pretty new around here to, I'll be anxious to see how the mods go for you. Please keep us informed. You mentioned your going to address the wheel hop issue. I big thing for me is not to increase the drive train noise into the car. I have a 98' Cobra, which just recieved a set of Steeda LCA. They made the rear end solid as a rock, but the drive train noise in the car doubled. I know someone else on the forum had mentioned a couple of different brands. Do you know which ones your going to use if any at all? Any way congrats on the car, you'll love it.

Welcome aboard. Joined March 8th...yep I remember that day. :happy feet:

I am glad you got your ride. She looks great. Let us know if you need any help with any questions.

great tint job!

actually in regards to tinting..I've been told on the driver/pass windows you should have felt tips installed on the rolers inside the doors, otherwise you will have scratching on your tint...and I have seen evidence of this on 05 and new mustangs, does anyone have any further knowledge of this? Our dealer's in-house tinter has no clue and refuses to do any felt-tipping, saying it sounds like a gimmick.

slgt750, again that is a great tint job! and I hope I don't hijack too much attention of your post!

great tint job!

actually in regards to tinting..I've been told on the driver/pass windows you should have felt tips installed on the rolers inside the doors, otherwise you will have scratching on your tint...and I have seen evidence of this on 05 and new mustangs, does anyone have any further knowledge of this? Our dealer's in-house tinter has no clue and refuses to do any felt-tipping, saying it sounds like a gimmick.

slgt750, again that is a great tint job! and I hope I don't hijack too much attention of your post!

Tim,

You should get the felt. I did on mine and so did Dan. Blue had scratches on the tint for this very reason. It wasn't that much more and it was good insurance.

Roger

:banana piano: Wow!!!

Great Tint! Welcome to the group!

I can't wait to see how some of your mods come out. I bet it'll be a screamer! :shift:

Damn.... I never thought of doing the tint like that, that looks SWWWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

You're smart going with the KB 2.8 right off the bat instead of spending a few thousand on other mods (like me)and then dumping them later on for the KB upgrade.

Welcome to the forum and oh... by the way,

way to make a 1st impression!

great tint job!

I actually just spoke with my dealership today and he told me I would need the felt also.

Ruffnit

Can anyone explain the felt more, or PM me? Like what type & where to get it? I tinted my windows myself and was unaware of this. Dont want to scratch up my tint.

Tim,

You should get the felt. I did on mine and so did Dan. Blue had scratches on the tint for this very reason. It wasn't that much more and it was good insurance.

Roger

Ditto. Got the tint at the dealership and they told me about that problem in the mustangs re: tint.

great tint job!

Yes as far as the felt goes this is a must on all 2005 and newer mustangs, the weatherstripping on the inside of the was covered with felt. My tinter said he has had several problems with scratched tint so this was the solution! No scratches on mine!

Welcome SLGT750, I'm pretty new around here to, I'll be anxious to see how the mods go for you. Please keep us informed. You mentioned your going to address the wheel hop issue. I big thing for me is not to increase the drive train noise into the car. I have a 98' Cobra, which just recieved a set of Steeda LCA. They made the rear end solid as a rock, but the drive train noise in the car doubled. I know someone else on the forum had mentioned a couple of different brands. Do you know which ones your going to use if any at all? Any way congrats on the car, you'll love it.

Thanks, as far as the suspension upgrades I am leaning towards BMR's (LP001) kit as I also am not to keen on adding drivetrain noise either. I just dont know if the stock arms will hold up to the extra power and if this kit will cure wheel hop, if not then I would add the lower billet arms and adjustable uca. I think this is a good starting point plus I like the drop the springs give 1.25" front and 1.75" rear which should net .75"front and 1.75"rear (top of tire to fender).

Archived