TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Brembo.. rotor thickness?

Parts guide says 31mm. Did you know they weigh 32 lbs.?

Woah thats heavy..

Happen to know the rotor offset? and if it is the same as the 2007-2009 GT500? I know the overall diamter is different.. Just trying to get a fabrication idea here..

Any aftermarket rotors available for these yet? Not just 2pc.. but I haven't even seen any stoptech or similar sport rotors with just Slotted or Xdrilled/slotted..

Thanks for you help btw

There are lots of alternatives, for strictly weight savings I would say Full Tilt Boogie. They have a two-piece street/strip version weighing in at 11 lbs. Im actually doing a significant weight reduction of my front end as we speak: one-off wheels, rotors, control arms, hubs and spindles. Total weight savings 101 lbs. off the front end, all unsprung (save for the part of the control arm that is represented by the moving section).

There are lots of alternatives, for strictly weight savings I would say Full Tilt Boogie. They have a two-piece street/strip version weighing in at 11 lbs. Im actually doing a significant weight reduction of my front end as we speak: one-off wheels, rotors, control arms, hubs and spindles. Total weight savings 101 lbs. off the front end, all unsprung (save for the part of the control arm that is represented by the moving section).

Anything non 2-piece available? with just slots or drilled etc? Looking for something like stoptech sport rotors with black hats

I am upgrading from 4 piston 14" calipers/rotors (rotors weigh 31lbs).. and I would like to upgrade to the 15" 6piston brembo from the 2013 etc GT500..

its not for a shelby.. its just a side project i'm working on

ps.. Wow 101lbs! that is a huge savings man!

Sorry, my misunderstanding... pretty sure there are 1-peice as well for the 14" replacements at FTB as well, but if not try R1 Concepts.

Ford Racing does have a set for the 13-14 GT500. They are not slotted or drilled, but I would bet Brembo has a rotor that will fit the hat for this option. I honestly would think that Brembo would sell these hats also as separate piece, unless Ford has them tied up in an exclusive rights contract. You can usually find a Ford dealer selling Ford Racing parts at a significant discount. I'd be willing to bet they could be bought for under a grand for the set. The Bembo is 381mm in or 15" diameter x 1.25" or 31.75mm thick if my math conversion was correct. From what I remember of the advertisements I've seen in the past, it will be listed as a 380 mm x 32 mm in metric measurements.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=23334

Archived