TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cartoon Snake vs traditional Snake

HARALD KELLEY

Harald,

This thread will provide some info with regards to the "cartoon" snake, which more accurately is referred to as the Berg snake (named after it designer). Appears Amy had a hand in its genesis. The one used on the GT500 is commonly known as the Tiffany snake.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/29774-shelby-gt-berg-faux-gas-cap/

The Berg snake, interesting, I didn't know it's name until now. It's a good look.

The cartoon with the snake on wheels was put on Ford Torinos way back when, wasn't it?

Thanks everyone. Yes I was referring to the Berg Snake and Tiffany. Darn I knew this but it did not come to me as I drew a blank. A senior moment I guess. Again, thanks for the memory jog. I also wanted to add, kinda like going down memory lane reading the old posts and seeing when Amy Boylan, president of SAI at the time would chime in on these forums. Times have changed.

The Berg. Looks just like the member logos... People call this the cartoon snake?

bergcap01.jpg

Thanks Dan. I am good now. I just could not recall the formal name and called it the cartoon. That said, did not realize the Berg was used on the 69, 70 cars.

The Berg. Looks just like the member logos... People call this the cartoon snake?

bergcap01.jpg

I call it the cartoon snake, myself. I've never been a fan of it and use the CS logos instead.

The Berg was not used on the 69-70 cars. The 69-70 was a cartoon type, multi-color showing a Cobra on a set of racing tires and smoke coming off the tires.

You have to remember that the Torino Cobra was a very stripped down Torino with usually a 428 Cobra Jet engine. The Plymouth Road Runner had a cartoon emblem of the Road Runner so Ford had a cartoon emblem of the snake. But the road runner had a meep meep sounding horn. Ford didn't have a hissing snake for a horn sound.

Seems to me those old Torinos sporting the snake on wheels were almost always that horrid avacado green that was so popular back then., along with vynl roofs.

Here at Shelby it has many names among our employees: "Cartoon Snake", "Drunk Snake", etc... but we never refer to it as the "Berg" snake.

The one with drag slicks on it is the CobraJet logo. Different.

Jer

Harald,

This thread will provide some info with regards to the "cartoon" snake, which more accurately is referred to as the Berg snake (named after it designer). Appears Amy had a hand in its genesis. The one used on the GT500 is commonly known as the Tiffany snake.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/29774-shelby-gt-berg-faux-gas-cap/

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Amy B. had jack to do with the genesis of the Goofy snake. It was being used years before Amy B. came along.

Archived