TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detailing Options/Question

Cobra 6

Anybody use the below?

http://www.swissvax.us/SFNT.html

I see a lot of talk on the forum about Adam's, 303, Zaino and onesy/twosy other cleaners, protectants, waxes, etc but not sure if anyone has had experience (good/bad) w/Swissvax/Swizöl. The Crystal Rock boasts 76% Vol. Carnauba.

/r

I have used Adams products since I purchased my 500 in December. I have been satisfied with it so far. I try to buy US made goods when possible. I am sure you will be satisfied with any of the products mentioned. All the top brands are about the same in my opinion but everyone has their favorites

I have used Adams products since I purchased my 500 in December. I have been satisfied with it so far. I try to buy US made goods when possible. I am sure you will be satisfied with any of the products mentioned. All the top brands are about the same in my opinion but everyone has their favorites

I think Adams is probably the route I will take. I'm having my Shelby fully detailed before I leave for my deployment. Yes, I know...normally I wouldn't take my car to somone else but I leave in one week and the selection of car detailing products in Germany isn't plentiful, at least not one's like Adams, Zaino, 303, etc. So, that said, since I won't be here long enough to order detailing products and have them delivered in time, combined w/the fact I just took delivery of her this past Monday, I wanted to ensure she was fully detailed before I put her up for the next 8 months and opted to have her professionally detailed.

I'll most likely order all I need (want) from Adams right before I get back.

I was thinking about liquid Glass also.But can it be used on the flat black striped??? All my other cars have semi gloss stripes and I had no problem putting wax or polish on them but flat black I don't know.

The LG Polish cannot be used on flat black stripes. In doing so, you are trying to shine something that was not meant to be shined. Although the LG will not harm the stripes, it will leave a blotchy appearance. As you noted, there is no problem on gloss vinyl stripes. Do a search on line and you will find a number of products made to protect matte stripes. Here is one from Auto Geek: http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-meticulous-matte-detailer.html

I think Adams is probably the route I will take...

I'll most likely order all I need (want) from Adams right before I get back.

I think you'll be happy with Adam's products. They're not cheap, but they're (almost 100%) made in the USA, every one I've used works exactly as advertised, and they offer a 110% satisfaction guarantee. Be sure to check out their forums BEFORE you buy, since they offer a standing 10% discount for forum members. Alternatively, you can watch for one of the 3-4 big sales they run every year, when they offer 15% off everything.

I was thinking about liquid Glass also.But can it be used on the flat black striped??? All my other cars have semi gloss stripes and I had no problem putting wax or polish on them but flat black I don't know.

There are, obviously, a number of products that will produce good results on flat black stripes. As an Adam's user, I rely on their Brilliant Glaze and SVRT for mine. (Details and demo are in this thread and

.)

I think you'll be happy with Adam's products. They're not cheap, but they're (almost 100%) made in the USA, every one I've used works exactly as advertised, and they offer a 110% satisfaction guarantee. Be sure to check out their forums BEFORE you buy, since they offer a standing 10% discount for forum members. Alternatively, you can keep out for one of the 3-4 big sales they run every year, when they offer 15% off everything.

There are, obviously, a number of products that will produce good results on flat black stripes. As an Adam's user, I rely on their Brilliant Glaze and SVRT for mine. (Details and demo are in this thread and

.)

Thx Norton, I'll keep an eye out while in Afghanistan.

Much appreciated!

Any of you guys check out AMMO. I started using some of his products and really like them, not to mention his attention to detail and his videos are great in my opinion.

http://www.ammonyc.com/

I have no experience with the products, but the videos are well-done and informative. Pricing seems competitive. Thanks for sharing!

I have no experience with the products, but the videos are well-done and informative. Pricing seems competitive. Thanks for sharing!

So far using his paint regimen and could not be any happier. His Hydrate for drying works great, and after a drive the bugs came off real easy.

I have ZERO patience for cleaning and detailing my car. Not to mention time. I use the time someone else is cleaning the car to come on here and find someone new to piss off or get banned. Time management!

Yes....I use the Blau-Weiss specially designed for BMW paints. Before I spent $200 for the wax...I contacted a Tech at Swissvax. I came away with a better understanding about high quality car wax. it is all about the % of Carnauba in the product. The higher the % = the higher the price. I'm currently using Chemical Guys Lava Luminous Glow Infusion on my SGM 14. It turned out amazing!!!

Good luck

Anybody use the below?

http://www.swissvax.us/SFNT.html

I see a lot of talk on the forum about Adam's, 303, Zaino and onesy/twosy other cleaners, protectants, waxes, etc but not sure if anyone has had experience (good/bad) w/Swissvax/Swizöl. The Crystal Rock boasts 76% Vol. Carnauba.

/r

Archived