TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT spotted in Williston, ND.

shelbykam

Hey all,

First, it's been a while since I've been on the forums but I did enjoy working with everyone and getting parts for your cars! My wife and I got the itch to move back in April so we packed up and made it here to North Dakota. I really enjoyed the 5 years I worked at Shelby and certainly building the cars and selling parts. It's an experience I'll always remember.

Anyways, I've seen a white SGT here in town a few times. Usually parked across the street from the Ford dealer. Just curious if the owner is a member here.

I live not far from US 85 in NW South Dakota-you are brave moving back to Williston of all places! You are in bumper to bumper up there with all the craziness of the oil patch.

Glad to have you back.

Did you work the SGT assembly lines?

Welcome back to the Midwest.

Thanks! I never did get a chance to work on the SGT line. I started with Snake's then moved over to KR's.

I live not far from US 85 in NW South Dakota-you are brave moving back to Williston of all places! You are in bumper to bumper up there with all the craziness of the oil patch.

Glad to have you back.

Sorry, I worded my orginal post weird but I'm actually from Las Vegas and recently moved up here. I did live here in 05 and 06 though. This town is crazy now and traffic can be rough but overall I really enjoy living here.

Did Carroll visit the Snake and KR shops very often. Any cool stories about those days? Did you have a favorite car you worked on?

He came through maybe 4 or 5 times while I was in the shop. A couple of times he came and shook all our hands and said thank you.

I would have to say my favorite is the KR. Besides the hood pins being a pain to line up properly the rest of the parts were pretty high quality and seemed to fit well. Plus the exhaust got everyone's attention!

• 3 months later...

I'm in MN with a Blue SGT and work in WND quarterly. There is also a Black SGT around town. Now and then parked behind Applebee's. Stop at the Ford Dealer, the sales manager is a huge SGT fan and the owner has a nice litte collection of late model Shelby's along with his town buddies who have their own collections.

Hope the SGT has survived the oil boom in the Williston area. Goodness, all those huge trucks running around would make me nervous. I have always been curious as to how many SGTs are in the Dakotas. I know they are quite rare since it is unusual to see one at a car show, at least in eastern SD. My 07 has been the only SGT at the car events I have been to in my area with the exception of the Sturgis Mustang Rally and most of those are out-of-state cars. A friend has a 08 convertible but that is the only one I know of in eastern SD. I am sure there must be a few more around but I am guessing there are fewer than 15-20 in the ND/SD area. I think there are more Boss 302s than SGTs.

• 3 weeks later...

Its the windshield that worries me when I run around in the SGT. I bought my truck a year ago this past September and I need a new on already. It would neat if we could get all the SGT's from around the area together this summer sometime.

I've had two different rocks put nice sized cracks in my truck winshield. Did you see someone bought the Kona Blue/ White GT500 from Select Ford? I saw a lady driving it down Main yesterday. Pretty daring to take out in the winter if you ask me.

I've had two different rocks put nice sized cracks in my truck winshield. Did you see someone bought the Kona Blue/ White GT500 from Select Ford? I saw a lady driving it down Main yesterday. Pretty daring to take out in the winter if you ask me.

Stopped and looked at it a while ago when it was on the lot. Have not seen it since then.

Yeah, I wouldn't take mine out right now, but I sure do see a lot of Mustangs running around.

Archived