TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Powered By Ford badges

Tgonsoulin

I saw these on eBay today. The bid was like $2.00 so i bid on them thinking i could get an extra set for fairly cheap. Now the bid is up to $60.00. Does anyone know how much they sell for. I heard it is very hard to get replacements if they have been damaged.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251321345134?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1431.l2649

You might want to do a search on the forum. There was discussion some time back on how to tell the difference between a real set and a fake set. Seems there are a fair amount of fakes running around. Just an fyi.

John

Wellllll..........You'll be happy to know that these are definitely legit! I sent a question to the seller asking him if they were OEM or knock off's and this was his reply:

only been selling them for 3 years. yes they are legit emblems. oem from shelby

- thepartsfinder1
So you see, he gets them directly from SAI!............Ummmm, Jer, Robert, Steve, someone?

Wellllll..........You'll be happy to know that these are definitely legit! I sent a question to the seller asking him if they were OEM or knock off's and this was his reply:

- thepartsfinder1
So you see, he gets them directly from SAI!............Ummmm, Jer, Robert, Steve, someone?

So the seller claims to purchase these badges from Shelby so that he can sell them on ebay for a loss?

Robert or Jer can probably add more but I don't recall anyone purchasing PBF badges from Shelby for the last three years but if so Robert or Jer would certainly know the buyer.

Steve

The picture looks like they may be real but his description is way off stating they were for 07 to 09 Mustangs and stating they were for Shelby or GT500 packages. This seller is an idiot they never were for a 09 Mustang or a GT500 they simply were for the 07 and 08 SGT's. And how knows if he might send fakes out and be using a real set for the photo on his eBay. When I bought a set of fakes the black portion was glossy and it looked like the cookie cutter was off meaning the lines were not perfect like the orginals. I returned them to the seller. All I am going to say is buyer beware with this guy they could be real and they could be fake but I am not taking the chance on this auction.

- thepartsfinder1

No, he doesn't.

BTW, there is NO need to go to eBay for this stuff. We keep them in stock in case yours are ever damaged or stolen, so you're all set.

Keep in mind, also, these are (were, at least) supplied by Ford to customers who purchase certain crate engines from them, it's not a "Shelby-only" part - we were just the ones to make them very popular, with the 07-08 Shelby GT build.

Jer

The picture looks like they may be real but his description is way off stating they were for 07 to 09 Mustangs and stating they were for Shelby or GT500 packages.

They were on the GT350's so that could easily be a typo or brain fart (misconception).

I bought a set of PBF from Shelby but the ones available to the GP are not the same as the ones in the auction. Mine are more flat with beveled edges, which is what I think Ford sells or attaches to some model (I vaguely remember seeing them on a OEM car).

Personally, I think the ones on the auction page look like fakes.

Just my OPINION (and stated as such),

Phill

They were on the GT350's so that could easily be a typo or brain fart (misconception).

I bought a set of PBF from Shelby but the ones available to the GP are not the same as the ones in the auction. Mine are more flat with beveled edges, which is what I think Ford sells or attaches to some model (I vaguely remember seeing them on a OEM car).

Personally, I think the ones on the auction page look like fakes.

Just my OPINION (and stated as such),

Phill

The flat ones with beveled edges are made by Scott Drake and freely available. They look more like the ones on a Cobra. Are THESE what you refer to, Phill?

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/s2ms-16228-a.htm

Jer

The flat ones with beveled edges are made by Scott Drake and freely available. They look more like the ones on a Cobra. Are THESE what you refer to, Phill?

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/s2ms-16228-a.htm

Jer

Yeah, them's the ones.

I tried to get the other type (like in the auction) and was told they were for the GT350 owners only (restricted part).

I'm FINE with the ones I have. They look close enough for 'the average Joe' not to know they're not the original type.

Phill

• 3 years later...

I just bought a single PBF badge from Blue Oval Ind. off eBay. $28 shipped.

It seems "rubbery"??? I attached it to my tool box drawer. Looks very very nice! As I was pushing on it to adhere the 3M tape, it seemed mooshy. The other thing is that it says " FORD PERFORMANCE" right under the blue oval.

Which badge is this? Not that I care, because it was a one off for my tool box.....just curious.

:lurk:

I just bought a single PBF badge from Blue Oval Ind. off eBay. $28 shipped.

It seems "rubbery"??? I attached it to my tool box drawer. Looks very very nice! As I was pushing on it to adhere the 3M tape, it seemed mooshy. The other thing is that it says " FORD PERFORMANCE" right under the blue oval.

Which badge is this? Not that I care, because it was a one off for my tool box.....just curious.

:lurk:

which badge is it? Its the Powered by Ford Ford Performance Badge.

Ford is currently making two versions of the "Powered By Ford Badge" One has Ford Performance on it and the other has Ford Racing on it.

Here is linky: https://performanceparts.ford.com/search/powered%20by%20ford

Here is an article from 3 years ago that explains all the changes/consolidation to Ford Performance.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a24484/the-new-ford-performance-division-is-called-ford-performance-division/

Archived