TEAM SHELBY FORUM

13GTS0036

Howard A

I'm going to pick it up toward the end of October but I'm not doing the museum delivery.

As for options, nothing really crazy, although you could argue 624hp is close. Other than that, the convertible light bar, watts link suspension, short throw shifter and 3.73 gears is about it..

I'm going to pick it up toward the end of October but I'm not doing the museum delivery.

As for options, nothing really crazy, although you could argue 624hp is close. Other than that, the convertible light bar, watts link suspension, short throw shifter and 3.73 gears is about it. I just wanted a little red hot rod convertible and this should hold me. lol.

Why are you waiting two months? I'd go crazy with that wait.

Red engine caps???? Hmmmmm. Does anyone know if the engine caps or coil covers come with a GTS logo or are they all GT350?

As far as waiting, yea, it'll drive me crazy but my son and a bunch of friends are going to the NHRA nationals at the end of October and I'm a Canadian snowbird so I thought I would pick it up then and head to Phoenix for the winter. BUT THE WAIT,THE WAIT!!!!!!

Man, your car looks good. I have yet to see a GTS in person. I did see the concept GTS at Barrett-Jackson in Vegas and it was red with white. Are you going to drive it back to Canada? What part of Canada?

Red engine caps???? Hmmmmm. Does anyone know if the engine caps or coil covers come with a GTS logo or are they all GT350?

As far as waiting, yea, it'll drive me crazy but my son and a bunch of friends are going to the NHRA nationals at the end of October and I'm a Canadian snowbird so I thought I would pick it up then and head to Phoenix for the winter. BUT THE WAIT,THE WAIT!!!!!!

The wait is something all of us have to go through. In the end, you will be plenty happy.

1sgt... looks like all the caps and coil covers say GT350 but it's a great idea, and I'm sure there's a market. Are you listening Shelby???

2+2... I'm from Alberta, one of the prairie provinces, but I think I'll have more fun with the car in Phoenix for 6 months than in Alberta. Now I've got to get my wife to just take up one half of the garage with her minivan. LOL

lbj.... Thanks for the encouragement but. but. but!!!. Your car is absolutely amazing by the way, you must be very proud.

Your car and mine means at least 2 GTS models have the 624HP Whipple at this point. I am not sure how many more are out there.

I love mine but now, 12 months out, I am leaning towards doing something to get another 50 to 100HP out of it.

At 5000ft, I can handle a little more HP now.

If my engine craps out, then I will go with an aluminator.

At 5000 ft. you're down about 90 HP so yes, I understand, I'm at 4000 ft. at home. A smaller blower pulley if you're not spinning it too fast would work. You'd have to check the ratios and talk to Whipple. The other thought would be a 100 shot of nitrous, for those times when you just have to, if you have room under the hood for the plate. Just make sure you get it retuned at a shop that knows what they're doing as NOS can make the engine run lean and that will mean burnt pistons. Different cams will work too but you're giving up some low end for top end and it may not be worth it. 4.11 rear gears will also give you a boost but you may look like a bunny hopping down the road as you row through the gears. I'm probably way off topic so my apologies to those I'm boring.

Not off topic it all, it's your thread, take it anywhere you want.

In Septemer, we are going to swap out my 3.375 pulley for a 3.11 one and tune it while on a dyno. I do have lots of power as it is, but now that I have learned to drive a powerful car, I wish to compensate for the loss here at altitude.

I did wait a full year though.

Our factory drivetrain warranties are over, with exceptions for what is wrong I suppose.

SAI offers a 12 month of some sort on their parts they installed but I don't remember all the specific details.

I waited until my 12 months were over, which is right now.

I'll post back how this works out. It will be 3 weeks from now.

You may be plenty happy the way your car is right now, I was. After a year out, I just can't resist a little more umph if I can get it.

That red supercharged GTS vert of yours is a real head turner for sure.

Going to to be a lot of people looking at your GTS wherever you go

Did you get the Borla axle backs, 3:73 rear end or any other things?

Just curious.

Oh, and I like the polished Whipple look you and I have, it's makes a great presentation IMO.

Yes, the Borla exhaust, 3.73's, the Watts rear link and the Barton shifter. I think my red vert will look nice but I sure like your color combo.

How does the Borla sound with the blower compared to stock?

I know our Ford drivetrain warranties are gone but I've never been clear what sort of parts warranty we get from Shelby. Something to clarify when I pick it up, I guess.

I see you have a Centerforce dual disc clutch. Was that your original choice or did one burn up. That is definitely one of my concerns. Have you had any chatter at low rpm?

You mentioned maybe going to an Aluminator motor. Great looking set up with lots of good parts. That's a pretty good idea. The lower compression ratio certainly makes for a safer blower add instead of holding our breath blowing a 11.0 motor.

I have the Borla Touring, a way better sound than the stock and plently loud, a little louder than stock. The Centerforce clutch with light flywheel combo chatters some when the clutch is pushed in, kinda reminds me of a bad throw out bearing but isn't one.

Once engaged it's quiet. I did not burn a clutch, just swapped it out at the time of the build.

The aluminator is just talk for now and a fallback position in case something were to happen. I would probably go with the higher compression one seeing it's a stronger motor internally than what I have now.

I use my car for pleasure driving as well as to promote my business at appearances around town here, hence my license plate ICEBLUE.

www.thecoloradoice.com

I used my GTS yesterday. I was one of the sponsors of the Windsor Cruise In car show, right in my hometown.

The thread below will show you what I mean. Several pictures are included. I used the GTS as well as my vinyl wrapped team van.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82386-pictures-of-people-looking-at-my-gts-at-the-windsor-cruise-in/

Archived