TEAM SHELBY FORUM

13GTS0036

Howard A

Let us know how that works out. I'm especially interested since my GTS could wind up north and I'll be facing the same issue.

I guess if we do any mods what limited warranty we have disappears?

I did the pulley swap and a tune.

We went from a 3.375 pulley to a 3.125 one.

The former is a 9lb, the latter a 12lb.

At 5,000ft, my 9lb was making 7lbs and now, the 12lb is making about 9lbs up here, according to my boost gauge.

I have some dyno numbers of my GTS with the new 12lb pulley making 9lbs here at 5,000ft.

Unfortunately, I don't have a basline dyno pull, Rob forgot.

However, here is the SAE corrected to sea level version with the new pulley and tune:

580HP 485lbs torque

SAEDyno1_zps0ec96acb.jpg

And here are the actual raw numbers that show a 19% loss here at 5,000ft with the same pulley swap:

483HP 397lbs torque

DynoRaw_zps7224690a.jpg

Hi LBJ, good to hear from you.

Those are pretty amazing numbers. 580 sea level horse power at the rear wheels plus 20% for flywheel to rear wheel loss puts the flywheel horsepower right at 700, or about 75 HP more than Shelby's quoted numbers. Even at 5000 feet that is really strong. Faster than a quarterback can throw a ball. Well done.

What are your driving impressions or are you putting it in the box until spring.

The power is back!

I became disappointed a couple of months ago when my wife was behind me in her twin turbo 2013 BMW 750lix. in sport mode.

I was doing about 35MPH and slipped into second, gave her the signal and we both punched it.

She stayed right with me to about 80MPH.

Well, that told me I needed more power here at 5,000ft.

Between the pulley swap and the new dyno tune, I definitely have 50 to 75 more horses and torque. I wish RWR had done a baseline dyno pull prior to the tune, but they did not.

I do have to improve my driving skills a bit because where I wasn't spinning the tires at WOT in second gear, I am now.

The tune also changed the throttle response so I can be lighter on the pedal but accelerate more given the pedal travel.

We also bumped up the rev limiter because I shift by sound, not by gauge reading. I used to bump the limiter, but I don't anymore.

The car feels smoother and all around just feels better and though I was thrilled with my car before, it's even better now.

Plus the tune is said to be as safe as my previous tune. The timing is still at 15 degrees.

How are you enjoying yours?

• 2 weeks later...

I was delayed with some business stuff up north so I just picked the car up from Shelby on Monday the 28th. It sure is a lot of fun and deserves some respect but now it's just a matter of getting used to it. The only comment is that the gates on the Barton shifter sure are close together. Anyone else find that or does it get better after some use?

I was delayed with some business stuff up north so I just picked the car up from Shelby on Monday the 28th. It sure is a lot of fun and deserves some respect but now it's just a matter of getting used to it. The only comment is that the gates on the Barton shifter sure are close together. Anyone else find that or does it get better after some use?

Are you refering to the gears side by side laterally, or the short throw. If you are refering to them laterally, it's more the MT82 than the Barton. Common complaint.

You'll get used to the Barton and all will be well.

Somewhere in the threads about my GTS, I posted about my initial impressions.

The gist was that at first I was taken aback and unsure if I was comfortable with how the car behaved and drove.

In fact, I ad a slight case of "What was I thinking "when I built this.

By the time I put a thousand miles on it, it felt so good to be in it.

They certainly don't drive themselves and mine was a handful at first, for someone like me.

Archived