TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for Final answer on ending wheel hop

motorjock205

Phill,

Also, get better.

Steve

Thanks. I don't think I've ever been this sick, other than the one time I had Strep Throat.

It started as a REAL BAD sore throat last Weds. and has evolved into a massive head (nasal) cold that is now in my eyes too.

I woke up this morning with my right eye glued shut with eye boogers.

Might be time for a Doctor visit......

Phill

Weak link is really the lowers. If you think about it, the torque of the axle pushes the LCA's and pulls un the UCL. All good advise above ranging in price, but the direct fix is the bushings in the LCA's. Replace with just about any good LCA and be done with wheel hop. There are a dozen ways to skin the same cat.

Exactly. I replaced mine with Bob's Auto Sports LCAs and it eliminated almost all of the wheel hop. I have stock UCA & Springs.

RATS...I was hoping that it wouldn't be all that hard to get the old ones out....back to the drawing board I guess....had I known that, I probably would have just ordered a set of lower control arms with new urethane bushings already in them.

I did one simple thing on my 2008 GT 500 to stop the wheel hop- replaced the UCA. As I have added power, still no wheel hop (and it was bad before the UCA's).

Archived