TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not your typical track hazard

TurboGT

Saw wild turkeys at VIR two weekends ago. Wandered out of the woods across from the front straight. I've dodged turtles at Jennings GP in the past. I've seen deer at Roebling and Summit Point. I know someone who split a deer in half and totaled out a GSX-R through the esses at Road Atlanta.

One would think the loud noises of the engines would scare them away, but Nope!

-steve

I nearly hit a turtle on my old track bike out at Roebling once. Scared the crap out of me as I was headed down the front straight approaching 170 mph and turn one!

Turbo GT - I've been dying to get down to AMP sometime soon. Are you part of a Mustang club who participates in the track days or did you become a member at AMP? We should organize a Shelby track day there. I hear the course is amazing.

What most people don't know is that a wild turkey is a VERY large bird. Looked out the window earlier this year and thought I saw a black bear ~ a half-mile away. Got out the binocs-turned out to be 3 males in full strut. Good thing the OP didn't hit one, they could do some serious damage.

There were about 10 turkeys in this flock & fortunately they were in the runoff area of a relatively low speed turn. The track warning lights worked well so I was already slowing down when I saw them & you can see their profiles as I approach the crest of the hill before two of them flew in front of me. For those unfamiliar with wild turkeys - they can weigh 25lbs or more so if you hit one you'll have a lot more than a turkey sandwich to deal with - LOL! Like whitetail deer, they have a habit of running right in front of you so I was really grateful for the track warning lights.

Viper - I decided to become a member. It is very easy for me to get to, the go kart track on site is a blast and with the planned amenities its going to be a place the whole family can enjoy. If you'd like to visit make sure to bring your car. If I'm working when you visit I will see that one of the track execs takes you out for a few laps and a tour.

AMP would be an excellent place to have a Shelby track day & I know they would love to host it.

There were about 10 turkeys in this flock & fortunately they were in the runoff area of a relatively low speed turn. The track warning lights worked well so I was already slowing down when I saw them & you can see their profiles as I approach the crest of the hill before two of them flew in front of me. For those unfamiliar with wild turkeys - they can weigh 25lbs or more so if you hit one you'll have a lot more than a turkey sandwich to deal with - LOL! Like whitetail deer, they have a habit of running right in front of you so I was really grateful for the track warning lights.

Viper - I decided to become a member. It is very easy for me to get to, the go kart track on site is a blast and with the planned amenities its going to be a place the whole family can enjoy. If you'd like to visit make sure to bring your car. If I'm working when you visit I will see that one of the track execs takes you out for a few laps and a tour.

AMP would be an excellent place to have a Shelby track day & I know they would love to host it.

PM Sent

:hysterical2: Turbo - you might want to install a gun rack in your Shelby if you are going to mix your hunting hobby with your track hobby :hysterical2: I do NOT recommend using the car as a means of bringing home a bird ! :hysterical2: The worse thing out west here that I've hit is a jack rabbit (not much meat and PITA to clean off of the car ) :hysterical2:

Archived