TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PCH cruise - So Cal to PNW

sportscars

I have had several people keep asking me about doing a PCH cruise. I will start the research on it in the next few weeks. I'm thinking next July or August maybe. Always cool along the coast - be a great escape from the Texas heat for me! :yahoo:

Looks like about 1400 miles from LA to Seattle. Probably take at least 5 days including meals, sight seeing and fuel stops. Of course it would be all inclusive (hotels and meals as well as any museums, entry fees, etc.).

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

5231372867_f9879040a1.jpg

I have had several people keep asking me about doing a PCH cruise. I will start the research on it in the next few weeks. I'm thinking next July or August maybe. Always cool along the coast - be a great escape from the Texas heat for me! :yahoo:

Looks like about 1400 miles from LA to Seattle. Probably take at least 5 days including meals, sight seeing and fuel stops. Of course it would be all inclusive (hotels and meals as well as any museums, entry fees, etc.).

Being that I live in the Monterey area, if you need any leg work if Monterey or Carmel will be a venue, let me know

If you timed it right with Monterey in mid-August, you could take in a day or two of the car action here on the Monterey peninsula, which is world-class

This pic is along 17 Mile Drive, Carmel / Pacific Grove

KR_pacific_grove.jpg

KR_pacific_grove.jpg

Great suggestion Tom. He can see some pictures I posted http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82147-monterey-classic-car-week/ If one stop is to stay in the Monterey area during the car action, hotels will need to be booked ASAP. Nice drive would be along famous 17-mile drive-Pebble Beach

If you're going a west coast drive, which I think is a great idea, you must please get Michael McGuirk involved as this is his region.

I would also recommend in addition to Michael , you also get a hold of John Farmer ( Pacific Northwest Regional director ) and Grabber.

Just an idea......you could end the journey on Vancouver Island BC. Drive the cars onto the ferry boat in Port Angeles WA for the 2 hour ride over.

Great idea, Dan. Glen and I have tons of room at our house and could host a get-together, maybe a cruise of some sort and we have room for some to stay with, if wanted. As you know, it's beautiful scenery/vistas around here!! We've also done that trip a number of times and have some suggestions which we'll talk to Sean about....for sure, we agree Monterey and the 17 mile drive should be part of it! Lisa (aka Mrs. When Pigs Fly)

Archived