TEAM SHELBY FORUM

black fuel filler door

Got the fuel door today (Saturday). It looks great. I'll put it on tomorrow.

I also ordered the $5 Shelby shift knob. Now I see why they were only 5 bucks. It had a large ding on top. :doh:

I'll call Monday to see if I can exchange it for another one.

"....Not a Shelby GT...but Matte black on a black GT500... not 100% sure about the matte black, but it was cheap enough to give it a shot...."

FWIW, I think it looks good on your car. It provides a good contrast, without over doing it.

I don't think it would look as good if it was painted gloss black to match the rest of the car. It would disappear into the quarter panel.

Black fuel door arrived & installed yesterday

2 of the Spacers weren't exactly the correct length but nothing a little love on the bench grinder couldn't fix

End result is fine

Yes Ken its matte finish

Jay Dub, can you post photos of your silver fuel filler door on the White SGT.

Hi 07SGT,

Sure. I'll try to get them up later today. I have one of the old "rotary cell phones" aka cell flip phones that takes crappy pics. The kids grab my free phone updates before I find out that I'm eligible!!! lol

Also, I needed to remove some of the spacers for a perfect fit. They are in different lengths, so you can really dial in a perfect fit.

Also, the studs didn't quite line-up with all three holes. One was always out by about half a diameter off. No a problem. It just needed a little persuasion.

Jay Dub, can you post photos of your silver fuel filler door on the White SGT.

Hi 07SGT,

I found an old digital camera I had. Remember those?? :lol:

From the closeup, it appears that the top portion above the crease is a different texture from that below. However, it's a reflection: the door has the same texture all over.

Hope that helps!!

100_1156.jpg

100_1155.jpg

100_1157.jpg

Got the fuel door today (Saturday). It looks great. I'll put it on tomorrow.

I also ordered the $5 Shelby shift knob. Now I see why they were only 5 bucks. It had a large ding on top. :doh:

I'll call Monday to see if I can exchange it for another one.

Turns out the large ding I saw on the top edge of the shift knob turned out to be only on the packaging. So, the knob is good!!!

Ordered some bling from Shelby arrived in 3 weeks just installed the Black fuel door looks great.

Has any one installed the Shelby dead pedal I also got that but don't know if I will install it,anyone

have one in and does it get in the way. Not sure if I like it.

If anyone has a pic please post or a opinion on the Dead pedal I'd like to hear it.

post-33418-0-08321900-1380905230_thumb.jpg

post-33418-0-08321900-1380905230_thumb.jpg

What have you all done with the tether line that's connected to the fuel cap?

I shaved the "Christmas Tree" plug down a bit and pushed it into the unused hole that's left.

It's a bit tight, but it's better than leaving it on top of the gas pump as you drive away!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived