TEAM SHELBY FORUM

black fuel filler door

I received my black Shelby fuel door in just a few days from when I ordered. It did appear the package had previously been opened for the sides were stapled? One of the spacers were missing and there was a small scratch on the inside of the fuel door but nothing I couldn't get over for this was a great price and you cant see it unless you open the door. There is a small screw hole on the inside of the fuel door, I am guessing this is where you attached the gas cap cord? But there was no screw included for it?

Thanks

TNTChris

Well I hope the owners of Black SGT's were able to find the fuel filler door at a fantastic close out price. I would appreciate if anyone finds an advertisement for the clear silver anodized fuel door at a great price to please let me know as I have a White SGT.

thank you

glad you were able to get a great price on some of the few they had remaining. I wish I could have obtained a Silver anodized Shelby door but they were already out.

FYI.

Looks like there may be hope for we White SGT owners!!

Shelby Parts is having a Labor Day Sale. It lists either the black or clear anodized version of the fuel filler door with the words "SHELBY" for $69.99.

It says they usually ship in 7-10 business days.

Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Billet-Fuel-Door-p/5s3z-66405a26.htm

PS They are also selling their aluminum shift knobs for $5 bucks!!! I prefer the Hurst Cue Ball. But, for $5. it's hard to go wrong.

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Billet-Aluminum-Shift-Knob-p/7s3z-7213.htm?1=1&CartID=0

FYI.

Looks like there may be hope for we White SGT owners!!

Shelby Parts is having a Labor Day Sale. It lists either the black or clear anodized version of the fuel filler door with the words "SHELBY" for $69.99.

It says they usually ship in 7-10 business days.

Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Billet-Fuel-Door-p/5s3z-66405a26.htm

PS They are also selling their aluminum shift knobs for $5 bucks!!! I prefer the Hurst Cue Ball. But, for $5. it's hard to go wrong.

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Billet-Aluminum-Shift-Knob-p/7s3z-7213.htm?1=1&CartID=0

I was about to post the same info

Already ordered :)

Black Shelby fuel door

Shelby aluminum shift knob, for $5 set it on the den shelf

El Shelby,

Where do you find OEM paint? Or do you take it to a paint shop? I wanted t do the same thing to my fuel door.

Thanks

Chris

I will have it painted just to help ensure a quality job, should run about $100. However, there are several places that sell 2 stage automotive paint in a can. You will need at the very least the paint and a clear.

http://www.66autocolor.com/SprayMax_2K_Aerosol_Auto_Paint_by_U_S_Chemical_p/spm-mix2k.htm

El Shelby, why not order the silver door to go with your stripes and wheels?

Also, has anyone seen any online instructions for replacing the fuel filler door?

While it would match the stripes the filler door would be a island on contrast in the center of the rear quarter against the blue. Just doesn't work for my eye. On at white SGT there is far less contrast and would look good.

Just ordered the clearn anodized (silver) and hope it goes well with the White. Thank you very, very, much Jay Dub and LGS. Too good of price to pass up. After receipt lets hope we can easily install without instructions. Again, thank you.

If you go back to post #4, you can see what the silver will look like on our white cars.

It's not a full on side view, but you should be able to get an idea.

I think the silver would look good on any color SGT; white, black, blue or orange. It accents the silver stripes and the wheels.

Has anyone installed this yet and any instructions for those of us about to do so? It looks like there is only two screws but there has to be more to it than that.

I just removed the old door. There are just two 9/32 screws. I hope the new door goes on as easily as the old one came off. Just be sure to support the door as you are removing it so it does not drop down and scratch the body. There is also the tether line to remove. Hope SAI sends the new door asap.

I just had to wing it. Do a test fit as close to flush as you can get it. Take a peek inside to see which side of the mounting tabs the spacers (3) need to be. Top left and bottom right require the spacer to be slid over the stud before installing. Bottom left the spacer went on after .Hope this helps.

I will have it painted just to help ensure a quality job, should run about $100. However, there are several places that sell 2 stage automotive paint in a can. You will need at the very least the paint and a clear.

http://www.66autocolor.com/SprayMax_2K_Aerosol_Auto_Paint_by_U_S_Chemical_p/spm-mix2k.htm

While it would match the stripes the filler door would be a island on contrast in the center of the rear quarter against the blue. Just doesn't work for my eye. On at white SGT there is far less contrast and would look good.

Thank you!

I just had to wing it. Do a test fit as close to flush as you can get it. Take a peek inside to see which side of the mounting tabs the spacers (3) need to be. Top left and bottom right require the spacer to be slid over the stud before installing. Bottom left the spacer went on after .Hope this helps.

Do you have to drill any holes?

Thanks.

Archived