TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is this a fake CS signature?

Roush GR40

I didn't see the number on the certificate. I would also inquire further from the seller the date it was signed, where, etc. Why he bought it and why he is selling.

Also, pay by US Postal Money Order, that way you may be able to bring the feds in if it is false. Local police usually don't get as involved in interstate fraud.

and be sure you are sending this to a legit address and not a PO Box,etc.

Has this person sold other items in the past and what is his or her history.

good luck

I have tons of cool stuff signed by CS and each Sig has something different about it and about 75% were signed in front of me at a Show. I also have a bunch of Pre-Signed Certificates for the Tribute Edition Shelby's that I was building and you can tell which ones CS was getting "Writers Cramp" while signing. Good luck.

I had the same reservations when I bought mine from EBAY a couple of months back. Adding to my trepidation was the fact that it was a foreign seller. Fortunately when I reached out to the seller it turned out that he was one of a handful of Shelby enthusiats on the UK who also has a restoration shop. Found out that my cover came off of 06GT-H488 and found an overseas friend in the process. I attachd a photo of my airbag and couldn't agree more with tesgt350 about some of the differences on some of Mr Shelby's signatures due to issues such as fatigue. Trusting your gut and reaching out to the seller will go a long way in easing your fears. On a side note, the seller of my airbag cover has a website; dragonwheelsrestoration.uk which is worth a visit if want to see what some talented restorers are doing with American Muscle cars across the pond.

Paul

07H3330

image.jpg

image.jpg

Note the different slant on the first and last names. Carroll's signatures are more aligned to a straight line. Secondly, the sig in question has a drop on the C in Carroll below the line and a lift between the C and a. The ones I have and the others I have seen the first and last names are signed without lifting the pen.

There's too much inconsistent to believe it is real.

Note the different slant on the first and last names. Carroll's signatures are more aligned to a straight line. Secondly, the sig in question has a drop on the C in Carroll below the line and a lift between the C and a. The ones I have and the others I have seen the first and last names are signed without lifting the pen.There's too much inconsistent to believe it is real.

+1

The one piece I had signed in person looks not only different from the ones shown here, but different from the many others I've purchased from the foundation. With no COA (this was done before all of that) I'd probably get hammered for trying t sell a fake. I know it's not, and it's not for sale anyway, but picking one to pieces is easy. It just may not be correct.

About to buy this on eBay...can someone please let me know if this is a fake signature? Shows a COA, but can't tell if it's real. Please let me know asap. Thanks!

fake_zps95716ddb.png

Looks fake to me compared to all my Shelby signatures that i witnessed him signing from early eighties to 2006. The R`s & O`s don`t look right to me.

it doesn't look the same as the autograph that I have, however, maybe it was signed towards the end of CS's career/life and there were changes. He was growing very weak at that time and then stopped signing completely. I would ask a lot of questions of the owner before spending money.

Thanks you all so much for your help....upon further investigation I found that this person on eBay has been buying Mustang visors like crazy...no doubt so he could sign and sell them to innocent enthusiasts...really sad. FYI...stay away from "mrshelbyguy" ...very bad person!

Speaking of Certificates..................... I have several items that DO have Certificates. Most are White and a couple are a light gray. My question is: Do you think I would be hurting the value of the Certificates if I get them Laminated to protect them?

• 2 months later...

I've always wondered if my CS autograph was authentic this was due mostly because of the single vertical line on the dash line under his signature. As I understand he used the double vertical lines to indicate his middle name? I've also read that he wasn't consistent with this as well? If there are any other '07 out there with a similar autograph please post up as well. Looking @ some of the pictures of his autograph I tend to believe mine is authentic, but I don't have a paper trail that supports this.

Cheers,

Ray

post-34587-0-46827700-1382596383_thumb.jpg

post-34587-0-46827700-1382596383_thumb.jpg

I have a lot of signed items (plus the hundreds of things here at HQ that he has signed), and they can vary a LOT. But that original posting looks fake.

Jer

Archived