TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Wide Body Pics

12103GT350

The tribute car 850 horsepower 2013 Shelby GT 500 Cobra was created as a tribute to Carroll Shelby. The car was unveiled by Ford Motor Company Board member Edsel Ford II, son Henry Ford III, Jim Farley, Group VP for Sales and Marketing and John Luft, SA President during a special presentation at the Rolex Monterey Motorsport Reunion at Laguna Seca in August 2012. It was the 50th Anniversary of the Shelby Cobra. Color is Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White racing stripes. What a event and tribute.

Great pics thanks for sharing. The more I see the widebody kit, the more it grows on me. On this car the one thing I don't like at first glance is the hood with the combination heat extractor and hood scoop. It just looks......off. As a tribute car to CS I would have liked to see the Hood Scoop only as this has a ton of history on his cars.

The other part would be a question of functionality, even if the sccop is functional (unlike my S-GT...for now) the function of the entire hood seems at cross-purposes. The Heat Extractor pulls the heat from behind the radiator and vents it......right into the hood scoop which is supposed to draw 'cooler' ambient air. Having said that, I realize that due to the laminar flow of air off the front of the car, very little ambient air is likely drawn into the scoop, but you get my point.

I need more pics I guess.....

Archived