TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats the true story? Fact or Fiction?

reschlund

A friend says congratulations ,,," The re-sale price of your 2011 Shelby GT500 SVT/PP just went up !

I say what you talking about?

He said he has heard that they are going to discontinue the Shelby GT 500.

Any truth to this statement or what?

A friend says congratulations ,,," The re-sale price of your 2011 Shelby GT500 SVT/PP just went up !

I heard the same thing, from two different people when Carroll Shelby died.

Phill

"Discontinue" is the wrong word IMHO, and so is "They". It is almost certain that 2015/16 will not have a GT500 produced by Ford. But, they always say... when one door closes a window invariably opens. I get in trouble when I say more.... so there you go.

This topic has been covered elsewhere as to Ford ending GT500 production and use of Shelby nameplate in2015. In 2016, Ford will issue its own GT350 model Mustang. As far s values, check the depreciated prices in actual sales for the past years on all models of the GT500. With over 45,000 produced since 2007, not hard to imagine. Great buys for those wanting resale models.

Yes, let's rely on facts rather than a few cynic's opinions. NADA book value for a 25k-mile 2011 Shelby GT500 is $34,400 for a "rough" trade-in to $40,725 for a "clean" retail example. Not bad at all!

In 1973 you could buy a used '66 GT350 for $1200 or less.

Sorry Sean, they aren't making out car anymore. The new '15 will not have the room in it's engine bay for the 5.8L engine..., but aren't feeling fortunate you own one?

I try to think in terms of; it not losing it's value anywhere near the freefall level of other "sports cars" and the Fun Factor of every time we get it on a track (Gingerman Raceway, TS/Boss/5.0 event, 8/24/13).

I just got home from the Dearborn Event this past weekend. Great time!

Friday we visited the Romeo Engine Plant and made our way to the "Niche Line" where the 5.8L are being assembled... by hand.

Cary, the line's Team Leader, Cary, gave us a great station-by-station explanatory tour that ended in a Q & A.

When he was asked if the GT 500 was over, his reply was: " we expect to stop building these engines by end of November, the last GT500 is sold and that assembly will ship the first of December."

He went on to say retooling for the next "Niche" engine will follow..

...which there will be something(some solid rumors floated out of Romeo with us).

I envision Shelby's 2015 or 2016 offering will include a GT500. It might be an engine replacement or just build out 5.0, but I can't see Shelby stepping back and not having a hand in GTXXX car.

Sorry Sean, they aren't making out car anymore. The new '15 will not have the room in it's engine bay for the 5.8L engine..., but aren't feeling fortunate you own one?

I try to think in terms of; it not losing it's value anywhere near the freefall level of other "sports cars" and the Fun Factor of every time we get it on a track (Gingerman Raceway, TS/Boss/5.0 event, 8/24/13).

I just got home from the Dearborn Event this past weekend. Great time!

Friday we visited the Romeo Engine Plant and made our way to the "Niche Line" where the 5.8L are being assembled... by hand.

Cary, the line's Team Leader, Cary, gave us a great station-by-station explanatory tour that ended in a Q & A.

When he was asked if the GT 500 was over, his reply was: " we expect to stop building these engines by end of November, the last GT500 is sold and that assembly will ship the first of December."

He went on to say retooling for the next "Niche" engine will follow..

...which there will be something(some solid rumors floated out of Romeo with us).

Sounds like was good time!

I heard through two dealerships that it was a real struggle to fit the new 5.0 into the 2015 mustang. I have seen the prototype 2015 mustang, not crazy about it. When ford came out with the 2005 everyone fell in love with it as soon as they saw it. I bought a new Roush Stage 1 in 2005 and another one 3 years ago. I'm now waiting for my 2014 Shelby GT 500 to be delivered next month. I'm sure Ford will surprise us all with another great car, it might not be the GT 500

From what I have read, Ford will be making the Ford GT350. Th e car is basically a beefed up Boss 302. Its purpose is to rival the net Z/28. The GT500 will no longer be made (unfortunately), but other models like the Mach 1 or Bullitt may resurface down the road. Articles I have read have said the Shelby name is being dropped from the GT350, but have not been confirmed. The Supposed GT350 is supposed to be more affordable, due to the new IRS (independent rear suspension), upgraded shocks and springs, ect.. just the 12-13 Boss Mustang. Other rumor states that the new aluminum bodies used on the upcoming F150 truck may end up on Mustang shaving weight, after extensive testing on the F150. Also later on down the line Ford may release a new 427 or 428 engine to better duel with Chevy. Thats all my knowledge on the new mustang thus far.

The days of big displacement engines are done. Trucks maybe but not likely in production passenger vehicles. It will be interesting to see what gm does with the corvette and dodge the challenger. Caddy is already beginning with smaller engines with turbo in the cts/sts

Archived