TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 ROUSH STAGE 3 ALUMINATOR vs SHELBY GT500 RACE

FURAFURA

Randy Pobst is a racing friend of mine. I talked to him about that test (he was driving), he said that if it were 10 degrees cooler, they would have easily reached over 200. It just would not cool down when they had the opportunity in the hot Arizona desert.

I like Randys reviews he is honest and a great driver.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randy Pobst is a racing friend of mine. I talked to him about that test (he was driving), he said that if it were 10 degrees cooler, they would have easily reached over 200. It just would not cool down when they had the opportunity in the hot Arizona desert.

I was pretty sure it was Randy and he works for Motor Trend, doesn't he?

Well, the review I saw on the 2010 was driven by Probst and it was (online and) in MT.

Phill

I was pretty sure it was Randy and he works for Motor Trend, doesn't he?

Well, the review I saw on the 2010 was driven by Probst and it was (online and) in MT.

Phill

No, Randy drives race cars for a living and is a race instructor, and has for a very long time. Many 24 hour races also to his credit.

http://www.randypobst.com/

Ironic. The Svt guy who drove me in the fiesta ST told me had a gt500 on the proving grounds at 206 and still pullin. Of course, I don't really care for test track stats. It's not like ill ever get to go balls out on one of those.

Still, like Phill says, 198, 202, none of those are shabby.

You got to be out of your gord to want to break 200 in a mustang. Ill let you know what it does in Terlingua. Lol

Randy ran Chrysler's APG 5 mile oval (which is just shy of 2,000' above MSL) in elevated temperatures. 200+mph is within reach with cooler temps and/or closer to sea level like the Nardo Ring in Italy where Ford established the record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Proving_Grounds

Edit: Randy's run starts about the 8:00 mark...

Archived