TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Vert in South Austin

Eventually I would like to do a GT500 SS to go with what I have

My garage ceiling height would accomodate a double stack lift for storage.

One day, one day.

Great idea, I had a 13' ceiling garage special built for my lifts and cars to utilize the minimum footprint. And the SS is the only way to go with a GT500, at least then you have something you don't see hundreds of on the road.

yeah, because you REALLY see hundreds everywhere you go. that's a complete lie. second, a super-snake is not the only way to go, unless you enjoy being fleeced by shelby american for a bunch of aftermarket parts you could buy yourself for a fraction of the cost and a bunch of badges that make you feel better about yourself.

furthermore, if you want a car you can maintain easily, get a base GT500 so you don't have to deal with exclusive parts and/or waiting for something you need to be back in stock (if available at all). nope, stick with the SVT car if you want a car you can drive, enjoy and maintain without a shit ton of annoyances.

a super-snake is not the only way to go, unless you enjoy being fleeced by shelby american for a bunch of aftermarket parts you could buy yourself for a fraction of the cost and a bunch of badges that make you feel better about yourself.

I'm surprised your SVT GT500 isn't green....... :hysterical:

so a mustang club event is indicative of how many mustangs are spotted among the general population of cars? i think you have a screw loose, much like beloved grabber blue Frankenstein mustang. has the front air-damn fallen off yet? oh, you haven't hit 150+ in it yet because it's a an appreciating financial asset that will yield favorable returns as it ages right? i'm done with this dull conversation, mr. simpleton.

I for one love the front end of Mikes 350.....and furthermore, I drive the shit out of my SS.

I would love to get a GT350 at some point int the future, I just wanted a SS first.

And I also love living the simple life so call me what you want! lol

so a mustang club event is indicative of how many mustangs are spotted among the general population of cars? i think you have a screw loose, much like beloved grabber blue Frankenstein mustang. has the front air-damn fallen off yet? oh, you haven't hit 150+ in it yet because it's a an appreciating financial asset that will yield favorable returns as it ages right? i'm done with this dull conversation, mr. simpleton.

Nice, thanks for stopping by the GT350 Forum. We take all kinds here, even ones who want to call our cars a big YAWN, say they are even more irrelevant when the grand pubah masters at Ford make one (guess they were already way irrelevant in your mind before anyway), and that all we SAI customers are just simpletons who enjoy "being fleeced by shelby american for a bunch of aftermarket parts you could buy yourself for a fraction of the cost and a bunch of badges that make you feel better about yourself."

Pretty much defines where you are coming from concerning SAI and their products I'd say. I would hope most GT500 folks aren't like you, but if they are, please stay on your side of the Forum, I for one only respect people who respect me, but no one else. And I would never go over there and trash their cars. Cheers dude!

And thanks thejmasterslim, I like your choices too. I also drive mine like I stole it, and still looking for that 200 mph club..... :happy feet:

you're still talking?

the yawn was for the "sighting" of an SAI GT350 in south austin. nobody was trashing your specific car. get over it. the upcoming Ford-built 350 sounds like it will be more in the spirit of the original Shelby GT350 based on what I have read about it and what I KNOW about the SAI cars being made now. by your own admission, all the creature comforts you enjoy in your current car are NOT anything like the original (supercharger, body kits, A/C, power steering). that's one reason i stated they seem less relevant in light of the Ford-produced cars yet to be made. So try and read this carefully, so you can fully understand everything being said here...and what it all means. i know it's difficult for you, so take your time. i'd hate for you to mumble on for days about some nonsense you didn't quite understand correctly.

Now this is just my opinion, but I think SAI lost a great opportunity to resurrect the GT350 moniker with the 2007-2008 Shelby GT. And now with Ford planning a 2016 "Mustang GT350" in the spirit of the original Shelby GT350, these cars seem less relevant. I'm sure they are great cars and exclusive due to the involvement of Carroll himself, but they are TOO exclusive. There's hardly any awareness of them by the general population and combined with the outrageous price, very few will have any opportunity to connect with it and create stories/memories of it.

I own the 45th anniversary GT350 and I can’t wait until Ford floods the market in 2016 with their version of the GT350.

You yawn at the sighting of the GT350 post-à your opinion. I’ve shown my car at a number of events including Barrett Jackson. No yawns there my friend. The general public at all of the events are all over this car.

I’ve read your post carefully as you suggested and it’s funny but I’ve taken it the same way as others did. Maybe my bad but just saying.

“Hardly any awareness” Really? Come on did you type that? Let’s read it again...OMG you did! :hysterical:

Feel free to travel with me to any car show and you will see how aware the general population is . I love my GT350 and I’m happy I laid down the big bucks to own one. Many others wish they could have done the same.

MY GT350 gets way more attention wherever I take it due to its rarity. Actually amazes me how many know the difference between the SA Shelby GT350 and the Ford GT500. The GT500 is a great car but they are quite common with over 45,000 [produced from Ford since 2007.

Waiting to use the 5.0 engine over the 4.6 was a fantastic idea by Shelby. It was certainly worth the wait. Having early inside knowledge definitely paid off in the decision. And the performance and handling is absolutely remarkable.

Archived