TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabbed my 1st Oil Change @ 919 miles

Grabber

Last week I went shopping for oil and picked up a case of Motorcraft for $8.75 a quart. Then Thursday I received a coupon in the mail from Ford for a $19.95 oil change for my GT500. The coupon had my Vin. # on it too. It said in small print...Up to 5 quarts of oil. I called them today and they said come on down. Nice guys. They let me come back and watch. I asked them to protect the frame from the oil filter dripping on top of the frame so they did it with a towel. Messy but it worked.

They charged me for 2 extra quarts of oil at $8.75 a quart. They gave me the 1/2 quart to take home with me for later because as you know, the Gt500 takes 6.5 quarts. I then requested to buy 1 additional quart to go with the case I bought last week, so I can do 2 oil changes on my own.

So I got an oil change and an extra quart and a half of oil to take home for the grand total of $31.25 including the $6.19 sales tax

Has anyone else got a Ford coupon in the mail for service discounts on there GT500 ? They told me, since I am on their mailing list, that I will continue to get them occasionally. :happy feet:

I did not get anything yet. I think these may be regional or even sent by the dealer through Ford. So it may depend on the dealer if they choose to send these offers or not.

What was the coupon sent in? Did it have the dealership name on it?

It came from the dealership in a their Ford envelope. It had another coupon too for 10% off on Front or Rear Brake service.

It came from the dealership in a their Ford envelope. It had another coupon too for 10% off on Front or Rear Brake service.

Grabber, this is a great deal. Mine cost me about $75. No coupons fell in my lap yet....

My first oil change is free & everyone after up to 5 is free. Only my dealer is 2,200 miles away. The dealer gave each owner a VI.P card for discounts.

:hysterical2:

Sorry...I could'nt help it but laugh. :finger:

Last week I went shopping for oil and picked up a case of Motorcraft for $8.75 a quart. Then Thursday I received a coupon in the mail from Ford for a $19.95 oil change for my GT500. The coupon had my Vin. # on it too. It said in small print...Up to 5 quarts of oil. I called them today and they said come on down. Nice guys. They let me come back and watch. I asked them to protect the frame from the oil filter dripping on top of the frame so they did it with a towel. Messy but it worked.

They charged me for 2 extra quarts of oil at $8.75 a quart. They gave me the 1/2 quart to take home with me for later because as you know, the Gt500 takes 6.5 quarts. I then requested to buy 1 additional quart to go with the case I bought last week, so I can do 2 oil changes on my own.

So I got an oil change and an extra quart and a half of oil to take home for the grand total of $31.25 including the $6.19 sales tax

Has anyone else got a Ford coupon in the mail for service discounts on there GT500 ? They told me, since I am on their mailing list, that I will continue to get them occasionally. :happy feet:

Did the tech guys fight to see who got to work on it??

Maybe a mean game of rock-paper-scissors?

My underside is painted too, and I keep 9 coats of Zaino on it!

You must of done it yourself because parts are about that much ?

Double checked my receipt...(You're right, I was a little low)

Labor 9.79

Oil/Filter 61.25 6 for the filter and 8.75 per quart.

Total 77.04 plus tax or 82.24 total.

I think all dealers who charged ADM's sent these to all of there Shelby customers....Oooppps, did I say that out loud :doh::hysterical:

I think all dealers who charged ADM's sent these to all of there Shelby customers....Oooppps, did I say that out loud :doh::hysterical:

Coldwaterhotrod,

I bought my car in Oregon. This coupon came from a dealer in Oregon that did my Seat warranty replacement. So they got ahold of my vin. # that way. I am hoping that every 3-6 months that they send me a coupon.

Double checked my receipt...(You're right, I was a little low)

Labor 9.79

Oil/Filter 61.25 6 for the filter and 8.75 per quart.

Total 77.04 plus tax or 82.24 total.

I'm paying $6.19 qt for Castrol Syntec 5W-50 and 11.99 for K&N HP-2010 oil filter at my local auto store.

• 7 months later...

I did my 2nd oil change today after Ford installed my new clutch and tranny.

3600 miles on her today. I did the first oil change at 919. This one should take me untill the end of the Summer of 2008. This was the first time I have used these ramps on the front of the car. I had to use a 2X10 under them so the front splitter would not rub. Other then that, they worked great.

Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts070.jpg

Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts071.jpg

Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts063.jpg

Guy's, check the dealer you bought your car from. I believe Ford has a policy that the first oil change is free.

Some dealer will just tell you when you buy the car and hope you forget, other will remind you.

And then there are those that don't say a word.

Archived