TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Bangastang thread!

Coachmoe

I was thinking the same thing.

I have a carbon fiber radiator on order since june 11 2013. I would like to order more things but want to get first thing first and see how it goes. Have sent some emails no response from last week. Sure would like to get part its not painted.

Do not wait to cancel. If you wait too long you'll give up the right to dispute the charge. If your card has been charged can el the order now. If you don't hear from him within a day dispute the charge now. Don't wait since the chances of ever seeing anything are slim

Too bad their customer service is bad. They do have some great products. I've been considering ordering the radiator cover myself for some time!

Doesn't AMERICAN MUSCLE have the same products? From reading this thread, I believe I would shop elsewhere.

American Muscle's version isn't one piece (actually a 3-piece), nor (I believe) does it already have the holes for the hood pins. Maybe someone should start their own company and compete against BangaStang.

Excellent idea! How bout it Jer?

American Muscle's version isn't one piece (actually a 3-piece), nor (I believe) does it already have the holes for the hood pins. Maybe someone should start their own company and compete against BangaStang.

The American Muscle cover will not fit a GT 500.

• 1 month later...

All:

I ordered several parts from Bangastang over the past 6 months. The first order came through fine -- shipped and received immediately. However my second order was for a custom leather shift boot. That stayed on order for just under 6 months and it was supposed to arrive in 3 weeks. A month after ordering the boot, I ordered a carbon fiber radiator cover with some customer airbrush work. After 3 months, about 40 emails and at least 100 calls -- some of which I actually talked to Hendrix -- I finally reached my total frustration point and called my credit card company and filed claims on both orders canceling both. To date, I have still not heard anything back from Hendrix and I heard all of the same stories as listed in this thread. They have a great product when you can get them to do the work. I will never order from them again and I will recommend that others do the same. The pain in the butt is just not worth it.

jim

Our paint shop is currently WAY too busy to do pre-painted parts. The amount of people having the Wide Body option installed on their cars exceeded our expectations and REALLY posed a challenge to keep up. We will offer cool radiator covers, but I suspect not in the same style as what Bangastang sells.

Jer

Our paint shop is currently WAY too busy to do pre-painted parts. The amount of people having the Wide Body option installed on their cars exceeded our expectations and REALLY posed a challenge to keep up. We will offer cool radiator covers, but I suspect not in the same style as what Bangastang sells.

Jer

Jer, What model years will you be offering and when will this happen?

I waited 4 months for my bangastang cover and when I got it it didn't fit for shit. It was warped and started to scratch the underside of the hood. I returned it to bangastang and I got a full refund.

It took a while but I got my radiator cover in 10 weeks. Nice & worth the wait but communication is his downfall. It still came faster than my Team Shelby kit.

Two posts, and Team Shelby's already in the doghouse. Sigh...

Jer

• 1 year later...

Another sheep has fallen off the cliff. I should have followed the advice of other Bangastang victims but fell prey to the allure of a painted radiator cover to match my new ride only to get robbed of $539 by one Mr. Jimi Hendrix (2 people; apparently same guy) of Bangastang. He's the ultimate scammer who covers his tracks, tells you one thing, and does another. My experience led me to post this so others will hopefully chose a vendor with business ethics and moral principals.

Purchased: 12/4/2013

Expected Delivery: 12/24/2013

Actual delivery: 4/10/2014

Returned due to delay tactics throughout the entire process and in the end poor paint craftsmanship.

Bangastang agreed to and committed to a refund and never completed it.

Bank, VISA, and BBB all hid behind policies and large-organization bureaucracies and are equally at fault IMO.

#ClassActionLawSuit

They have a facebook page- you should shame him on it. They will probably remove your post- but some might see it and decide to investigate for themselves.

Along the same lines- JLT now offers the same painted rad covers, and I have heard nothing negative to their product at all.

Good luck!

Archived