TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Air Extractor Issue...

Anyone else seeing this on their hood air extractors... aft edge of both appears to be bowing or warping slightly.

I suppose it could be the fit from the factory, but could also be caused by the heat from the engine.

Opinions please.

Thanks

Keith

P5122927.JPG

P5122928.JPG

P5122927.JPG

P5122928.JPG

Anyone else seeing this on their hood air extractors... aft edge of both appears to be bowing or warping slightly.

I suppose it could be the fit from the factory, but could also be caused by the heat from the engine.

Opinions please.

Thanks

Keith

I just went and looked at mine. No problems.

I just went and looked at mine. No problems.

So Grabber, You're saying the aft edge of yours are flush with the hood?

Thinking I'll let the dealer look at it, but they couldn't get my warranty stripe work correct either...

Keith

So Grabber, You're saying the aft edge of yours are flush with the hood?

Thinking I'll let the dealer look at it, but they couldn't get my warranty stripe work correct either...

Keith

It is up a very small bit. Maybe 1/16th of an inch.

One thing to consider. SAI is comming out with a set of Stainless ones. Maybey they were brushed. I can't remember. But they are "Comming Soon" !

Keith,

I took a couple photos of mine for you. In person, looking at it they look totally fine. The photos show a slight warp. It is plastic, and plastic moves with heat. These photos were taken with my motor hot. I would tend to leave it alone. The dealer could do more damage than good, and the new plastic set will most likely do the same. Down the road you could get the Stainless ones from SAI.

Opinions please.

Thanks

Keith

Mine looks about the same as yours. I'm not sure if it was like that new or not? I don't see any point in replacing with another set of plastic grills, so maybe I'll consider SAI's aluminum set?

Edit: After looking at Grabber's, I think it's just the way they fit.

Mine looks about the same as yours. I'm not sure if it was like that new or not? I don't see any point in replacing with another set of plastic grills, so maybe I'll consider SAI's aluminum set?

Edit: After looking at Grabber's, I think it's just the way they fit.

I agree. I bet they are all like that.

When you walk up to the car and look at them...they look fine.

However that Aluminum set sounds nice ! :happy feet:

stpracer43

Looking at Grabbers pictures I would say his is raised more than yours I really don`t think this to much a problem unless they get worse. Now I have to go & check mine.I`am back & couldn`t see anything on mine.

Agree - looks like it's the fit, but certainly susceptible to the heat. Will leave it alone, as the Dealer can certainly do more damage than good for sure.

Thanks - just wanted a few other opinions.

Keith

stpracer43

Looking at Grabbers pictures I would say his is raised more than yours I really don`t think this to much a problem unless they get worse. Now I have to go & check mine.I`am back & couldn`t see anything on mine.

When I looked at mine the 1st time. They looked fine. The photo brings out some detail and makes it appear worse than it looks.

I am not losing any sleep over this or having it touched by the dealer.

Agree - looks like it's the fit, but certainly susceptible to the heat. Will leave it alone, as the Dealer can certainly do more damage than good for sure.

Thanks - just wanted a few other opinions.

Keith

Keith, I think you are making the right decision. Mine look pretty tight with a slight bit of spacing. I am leaving it alone until the stainless set comes out from SAI.

When I looked at mine the 1st time. They looked fine. The photo brings out some detail and makes it appear worse than it looks.

I am not losing any sleep over this or having it touched by the dealer.

I agreee the average person wouldn`t even notice this.

More photos of the infamous Cool...Heat extractors.

Love the look of those things.

Grabby...

I'm not embarrassed to say that everytime I see pictures of your car I fall in love a little more... :wub:

I do not know how easily those remove but I suggest remove them and place them upside down in the sun or heat. That may take that slight warp out of the plastic or even align them a bit better with the reinstall JMO. It may help,I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

I do not know how easily those remove but I suggest remove them and place them upside down in the sun or heat. That may take that slight warp out of the plastic or even align them a bit better with the reinstall JMO. It may help,I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

I read somewhere that when removed, that these have to be replaced. They are a one shot deal.

Archived