TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got off the phone with BuyFordRacing and was able to order one extra single wheel as a spare back of wheel in case we ever need to replace a wheel because of road rash or something unfortunate happens. The guy was familiar with my order and said that all these wheels are brand new.

The guy, Mike, is probably the most knowledgeable individual out there when it comes to Ford Racing's products. You could not have done business with someone as well versed. I'm not surprised that he was willing to sell you a single wheel, Rob. He obviously needs to turn a profit but he's an enthusiast at heart as well. Purchasing an extra wheel was a very good move.

The guy, Mike, is probably the most knowledgeable individual out there when it comes to Ford Racing's products. You could not have done business with someone as well versed. I'm not surprised that he was willing to sell you a single wheel, Rob. He obviously needs to turn a profit but he's an enthusiast at heart as well. Purchasing an extra wheel was a very good move.

Yes he was great to talk to on the phone. Very helpful. I went ahead and got the center cap and TPS sensor for my back up wheel. I figure this wheel will come in handy some day.....or it is like money in the bank and very easy to sell.

Are you of the understanding that once this supply of wheels are sold........that's it of the stock ....forever ?

I'm sure Jer would be in a position to better answer that question. In fact, I saw him peeking at this thread not long ago.

The context of Rob's question, as I read it, was whether or not Ford was hanging onto any of these wheels. I think it is pretty clear, as evidenced by the decision to move the KR struts/shocks/springs, KR brake cooling kits, KR shifter/handles, as well as their stash of KR wheels, that they've held onto them long enough. All of which makes it tough for SAI. Now anytime SAI tries to sell a KR part we'll see comments about how their prices are too high and that not long ago KR wheels (etc) were available for a song. Key word being were.

I'm now wondering why Ford didn't offer up the KR sway bar to FRPP vendors too...

Well, I just got back from a two week biz trip. My wheels came as I was loading my luggage into my car. I had a plane to catch so I was only able to open one box. The wheel was perfect. I assumed all would be. I read the thread over the past few days and became very nervous. I got home early this morning. I petted my dog, kissed my wife and went immediately in the garage to open the other boxes. Good news is, all my wheels match, same finish, they are NEW, green sticker present. The bad news is two of the wheels have a ding on the outer edge. The guy I spoke to at Yeoman's said the shipping was taking up to two weeks as they are inspecting each wheel carefully. Based on the pictures i have seen on this thread I don't believe it for a second. I can live with one of the dings but the other is too obvious. Calling Yeoman's this am to see what BS they will come with.

Well, I just got back from a two week biz trip. My wheels came as I was loading my luggage into my car. I had a plane to catch so I was only able to open one box. The wheel was perfect. I assumed all would be. I read the thread over the past few days and became very nervous. I got home early this morning. I petted my dog, kissed my wife and went immediately in the garage to open the other boxes. Good news is, all my wheels match, same finish, they are NEW, green sticker present. The bad news is two of the wheels have a ding on the outer edge. The guy I spoke to at Yeoman's said the shipping was taking up to two weeks as they are inspecting each wheel carefully. Based on the pictures i have seen on this thread I don't believe it for a second. I can live with one of the dings but the other is too obvious. Calling Yeoman's this am to see what BS they will come with.

That sucks big time !!!

Rob, c'mon. You ordered the wheels from Mike at Buyfordracing. They've been a "Top Ten" Ford Racing dealer for over twenty years. They would probably be number one were in not for mass warehousing places such as Jeg's or Summit Racing.

Yeoman's is a car dealer that decided to sell parts too.

Buyfordracing only sells Ford Racing parts. They are as close to Ford and Ford Racing both in physical proximity and internal networking as you could possibly be. If you ordered the wheels from them, why in the heck would they come from a car dealer in Florida. The two are not connected and in no way related. Your wheels will be coming from Mike at Buyfordracing. Period.

Thank you Tony for clarification. My misunderstanding was the topic of this thread. For some reason I thought everybody was getting their wheels from the same place. At least that's what I thought the thread was about. Again thanks for the clarification. It's too bad everyone did not order the wheels from Ford racing.

Tony says you're welcome. So do I.

:)

:hysterical2:

Tob - you will have to forgive Grabber - he gets these "senior moments" and gets confused alot ( it stems from having more than one GT500 in the garage ) I try to humor the old guy as much as possible until he retires. :hysterical: then he's on his own ! Poor Tana , gonna have to put up with it for a long time .

He's a fellow tradesman. If his skin isn't thick yet no amount of brine could ever help him. Unless the west coast has gone completely namby pamby I'm quite sure he gets his chops busted on a daily basis at work.

The bad news is two of the wheels have a ding on the outer edge.

My "brand new" from Shelby (although I bought them 3rd hand) KR wheels had a ding in one lip too. I attributed it to the tire mounter (Tech) because mine had tires already mounted on them. I wonder if all of the "new" ones you guys are buying had tires on them at one time too.

It seems odd that so many have the dings and they all appear to be pretty close to the same look.

Phill

Tony says you're welcome. So do I.

:)

I had a brain fart.

:hysterical2:

Tob - you will have to forgive Grabber - he gets these "senior moments" and gets confused alot ( it stems from having more than one GT500 in the garage ) I try to humor the old guy as much as possible until he retires. :hysterical: then he's on his own ! Poor Tana , gonna have to put up with it for a long time .

Hey...I am mentally sharp and physically strong. It was just some of that brain gas from last nights burrito.

He's a fellow tradesman. If his skin isn't thick yet no amount of brine could ever help him. Unless the west coast has gone completely namby pamby I'm quite sure he gets his chops busted on a daily basis at work.

Very true. However I run a pretty tight ship and do not get my chops busted that often.

My "brand new" from Shelby (although I bought them 3rd hand) KR wheels had a ding in one lip too. I attributed it to the tire mounter (Tech) because mine had tires already mounted on them. I wonder if all of the "new" ones you guys are buying had tires on them at one time too.

It seems odd that so many have the dings and they all appear to be pretty close to the same look.

Phill

I was told that my wheels were brand new with plastic on them.

I had a brain fart.

Hey...I am mentally sharp and physically strong. It was just some of that brain gas from last nights burrito.

Very true. However I run a pretty tight ship and do not get my chops busted that often.

I was told that my wheels were brand new with plastic on them.

1) They happen at yer age Rob .

2) You might want to cut back on the spicy food then ( for Tana's sake )

3) Agree - NO namby - pamby stuff happening here ( Remember - what HAPPENS @ Grabberville STAYS @ Grabberville :shades: )

4) I'm sure that you find out when you receive them - just make sure the UPS people weren't using them as hockey pucks :drop:

They will be fine Grabber and if not then put the cherry ones on Tana's car because you won't be able to see yours when you are driving your car anyways :hysterical2: ( He said tight ship )

They cost $25 each.

Do you know if they will sell a full set of 4, or just singles to people who have bought the wheels from them?

I've wanted a set of Shelby American SVT center caps since I first got my KR wheels. My OEM SVT center caps fit perfectly and look good but I'd still like the original KR caps to go with my KR wheels.

Phill

Do you know if they will sell a full set of 4, or just singles to people who have bought the wheels from them?

I've wanted a set of Shelby American SVT center caps since I first got my KR wheels. My OEM SVT center caps fit perfectly and look good but I'd still like the original KR caps to go with my KR wheels.

Phill

Call them and ask. . Heck they were willing to not sell them to me when I purchased my extra wheel. so it sounds like it is not a big deal.

Ford racing must be almost out of stock. The price is now $250 higher than last week.

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shelby-gt-500kr-wheel-set-of-4/

I think they may be gone. I no longer see KR wheels listed on their site.

Grabber, have you received yours yet? Mine are scheduled for delivery tomorrw (Friday).

Archived