TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing to offer GT500KR wheels for sale

Whew! Lots of wild guesses flying around here! Let me help.

1. Ford Racing sold these wheels. We built the cars, but Ford has ownership interest in the parts kept back for warranty and service.

2. That damaged wheel does look used. Maybe a warranty return got mixed in? Stuff like that could happen, I've seen stranger things. Call your dealer, and if they don't have any more wheels, give them my email address. I'll see if I have something to take care of you. No worries.

3. That "strange symbol" is "DB", the Durabrite logo.

Jer

Jer,

I will take your word over this guy any day.

Thanks,

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheppd01,

Holy cow....you had me worried as I only opened one box to check, so I just ran over to my storage area and checked the other 3 boxes. Mine are all OK and completely matching set of brand new rims.

None of mine has that strange symbol on them that you had on one of your rims.

Are you going to send them back?

Andy.

Did your rims have valve stems installed?

2. That damaged wheel does look used. Maybe a warranty return got mixed in? Stuff like that could happen, I've seen stranger things.

I remember the same thing happening when Robert sold out all of the 20" SS style dura-brights way back when I bought mine.

I think someone at the Mod shop got blamed for it somehow. A warranty return got boxed and returned to inventory, or something like that?

The thread should still be around but OLD.

Phill

Just looked at them again. All 4 have the valve stems installed but only one has the actual valve inside the stem. :hammer_self: It just happens to be the one with the DB mark. I have only see the DB mark on one other set of KR rims and it was one of the 20 inchers.

This makes me think more than twice about buying a set of these if Yeomans comes up with more to sell. I asked if they had more a week ago but now I'm hesitant for sure even if they do.

On a more positive note, it looks like Jer is willing and able to get into the mix to do whatever he can to help out. That makes me want to continue buying from Shelby. I hope this works out.

Now they say I have to pay to have them shipped back because I opened the box. The funny thing is I opened ONE box saw the damage and called to complain. The guy on the phone told me to open to the other boxes to check those rims.

Then they had the audacity to complain about me leaving them negative feedback because they were going to refund my money.

Gary Yeomans Ford (gyfordpart) buyer beware!

Well to be fair their return policy does say buyer pays for return shipping although its common for the seller to pay the return shipping when its due to something out of the buyers control. Perhaps leaving negative feedback is playing into their decision.

You may want to offer that you'll remove the negative feedback if they send out a call tag for the return of the wheels.

And it probably would have been better for them not to list them as "brand new", perhaps calling them take offs or something similar would have been better.

Steve

I plan on getting mine mounted either late this week or early next week. If I don't immediately love he look they are coming right off - and only my Ford dealer touches any of my cars so they know what they are doing and have never caused me any issues. I will gladly offer my set up for sale at same cost I paid to you if Jer can't get you covered. They will have been opened and mounted once but I'd make sure you could never tell or I won't sell them.

I have to say that I do hope I like them!!

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with these wheels.

Andy

There were a couple of KR's on Mustang Alley at last weeks Woodward Dream Cruise. One was a Vista Blue. IMHO those 18" polished Alcoa's looked beautiful on both cars.

IMO you can't beat the price for a USA made Forged wheel.

I am betting that they will look great on your car.

Again IMO the centercap is even a work of art.

My KR wheels arrived yesterday, I only had 15 minutes to check them out because I had to leave for an out of town appointment. The wheels were well packed and appear to be brand new with no DB logo, no scratches or valve stems or evidence that they were ever mounted. I will check them out more thoroughly when I get home this weekend. There is a light green sticker on each wheel that says "peel here". Is there some sort of protective film thats gets peeled off these wheels? Sorry for the stupid question but like I said I only had 15 minutes to unpack and check them out. It didn't look like there was any protective film on them and I didn't have time to investigate further.

Got mine mounted yesterday w/NITTO tires Looks great!!!!! mine had green sticker also and no valve stem. I was told that some of the wheels were mounted and they had to take the tires off because they were dated. I saw mine come in. They were unboxed and stacked on skids, 20 on a skid. Ed

Had some prior experience with Yeoman Ford and didn't like the service they offered for new vehicles. It was really bad actually. And later they did refund my money after I complained to Ford and to management directly at Ford WHQ, ... that another dealer up north had actually found the problem they searched for and fixed it... and Yeoman Ford couldn't take care of,... strange service department...

Now I looked up Ford Racing and found dealers in my area. So I called one and they have the wheels and are selling them for 750 for four.

I didn't ask if they have the " tpms" installed or not, they said they bought quite a few and had them in stock for 750 a set. Said shipping would be about 20 a wheel.

Now I wonder what they actually paid for them as well...

Nice looking wheel if you could get 4 new ones and in good shape.

Had some prior experience with Yeoman Ford and didn't like the service they offered for new vehicles. It was really bad actually. And later they did refund my money after I complained to Ford and to management directly at Ford WHQ, ... that another dealer up north had actually found the problem they searched for and fixed it... and Yeoman Ford couldn't take care of,... strange service department...

Now I looked up Ford Racing and found dealers in my area. So I called one and they have the wheels and are selling them for 750 for four.

I didn't ask if they have the " tpms" installed or not, they said they bought quite a few and had them in stock for 750 a set. Said shipping would be about 20 a wheel.

Now I wonder what they actually paid for them as well...

Nice looking wheel if you could get 4 new ones and in good shape.

They should have the TPMS sensors installed.

Jer

Thanks Rattlesnake for trying to help me out. It didn't work out b/c the rep is out through next week.

Thanks golkhl for the heads up. I bought a set of wheels, handling kit, and shifter combo. :rockon:

Gary Yeoman strikes again!

Sad to say my set of "new" KR wheels were delivered today and only one of the four was truly new.

Three wheels had valve stems installed and were grimy. One of the used three had a very loose fitting TPMS band and another had a small gash on the face side of the rim.

Anybody know if the buyfordracing site wheels are new or used?

Sad to say my set of "new" KR wheels were delivered today and only one of the four was truly new.

Three wheels had valve stems installed and were grimy. One of the used three had a very loose fitting TPMS band and another had a small gash on the face side of the rim.

Sorry to hear that.

They asked if they replaced the rims would I remove the negative rating I gave them. I said yes if they are NEW never had tires mounted on them and did not have the db mark. They never responded.

So tomorrow I am shipping them back on my dime.

I received my wheels from Gary Yeoman. Not one of them was new. One has a chunk out of the bead area. The brown tire mounting lube was still on one wheel and three of the four had valve stems without cores. I have only found two of the center caps. The boxes were in good shape leading me to believe the damage came before being shipped.

The box containing the badly damaged wheel had been opened and resealed many times as there is at least seven layer of tape.

After seeing others had similiar problems, I am taking good photos tomorrow in better lighting.

No response from the seller yet.

I wonder how they ended up with so many used wheels? Customer returns? They must have sold a lot of KR's

In any case their parts department manager should be all over this issue for selling off used parts as new. I hope their dealership makes you guys whole again even if they have to buy new ones off eBay to provide you with what you paid for.

The picture of the rims on the Buyfordracing website shows a valve stem so a phone call to confirm may be prudent. I hope you get everything worked out.

Mark

That's the stock photo pulled from the fordracingparts web site. I see the problem coming from Ford Racing not the dealers, so Yeoman's is getting screwed over just like the customers. There is a good chance that any dealer that bought quantity of these is going to have some that are used.

I included a clear and specific note with my order to buyfordracing and will follow-up on Monday with a call.

Although it sucks that you guys have to pay return shipping, that is the way eBay policy is setup and you should know that by now. I would think that a firm but polite call to Yeoman's might have gotten them to pay return shipping. If not, then my negative feedback would've been left after my refund via eBay's policy was completed. The reason why I would leave negative feedback even though all eBay policy was followed is because Yeoman's listed them as "new" misrepresenting them at the final point of sale. Since they are a "business" selling on eBay and not just some guy down the street, a prudent move would've been for them to pay return shipping as any reputable business would do when providing good customer service.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy these wheels, Buyfordracing.com has them for $999 and free ground shipping!

I spoke with Mike at Buyfordracing the moment I saw that FRPP was trying to move some old KR stock. He filled me in on some of the details regarding them and the other pieces that were made available.

Let me say this...I've dealt with Buyfordracing (used to be Buyfordmotorsports, Diversified Products Marketing) for over twenty years. Every transaction has been pleasurable. Any issue I ever had was promptly taken care of. Not one of the issues was BFR's fault - it was either FRPP's or the shipper's fault.

There are a number of Ford Racing vendors that have popped up over the last few years. Mike gets my business because he earned it. Talk to him about your purchase and you'll probably come to the same conclusion. Were I buying KR wheels I'd be getting them from him.

Tob

I spoke with Mike at Buyfordracing the moment I saw that FRPP was trying to move some old KR stock. He filled me in on some of the details regarding them and the other pieces that were made available.

Let me say this...I've dealt with Buyfordracing (used to be Buyfordmotorsports, Diversified Products Marketing) for over twenty years. Every transaction has been pleasurable. Any issue I ever had was promptly taken care of. Not one of the issues was BFR's fault - it was either FRPP's or the shipper's fault.

There are a number of Ford Racing vendors that have popped up over the last few years. Mike gets my business because he earned it. Talk to him about your purchase and you'll probably come to the same conclusion. Were I buying KR wheels I'd be getting them from him.

Tob

I agree with this 100 %. Have purchased several FRPP parts/wheels from Mike at buyfordracing. He has always been great to deal with !!!!!!!

Tob

So what did he say about the wheels?

MY WHEELS ARRIVED FROM GARY YEOMANS AND THEY ARE PERFECT, NEW AND HAVE ALL FOUR CENTER CAPS. PACKED WELL. WONDER IF THEY HAVE SOME PART TIME HELP THAT HAS NOT BEEN TRAINED PROPERLY. IN ANY CASE, THE PARTS MANAGER NEEDS TO INJECT A BUNCH OF QUALITY CONTROL IN HIS OPERATION TO PREVENT THE MISTAKES THAT HAVE HAPPENED.

I agree with this 100 %. Have purchased several FRPP parts/wheels from Mike at buyfordracing. He has always been great to deal with !!!!!!!

+1 on that! I purchased my FRPP 62 mm Throttle Body and then the Boss 302 brake lines from Mike and had a perfect experience from them. I didn't realize he would have some KR wheels available. Does BuyFordRacing.com have an allotment??

Andy.

... an allotment??

For those who received wheels from Yeomans, do the boxes show if they shipped from Yeomans...or from Ford Racing?

Also interesting that Rattlesnake above PM'd me the name of a dealer who told him on the phone they have the wheels. The next day when I called them, and the specific Racing Parts rep gone (probably to Shelby fest), the regular Parts guy said that they showed none in the system and no wheels onsite.

Mine shipped from Yeomans and were in an oversized box wrapped in white foam. One of the boxes took some abuse from UPS but the rim was fine.The boxes they shipped in were much larger than the rims. All rims have no valve stems and the green stickers. All look great. The caps were packaged two each in a padded envelope.

Mark

Archived