TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are some of the craziest things you've seen on the 'net?

Evil95GT

Jerry and I have had the internet since 1999. Thinking back, we have seen some pretty crazy stuff. I'll spare you the extremely disturbing bits, and try to keep this more on the "fun" side. Or funny, LOL.........I dunno which. Ok, here goes.

The most recent find was a 45 year old biker dude in Cleveland who wanted someone to use Nair hair remover on his back. He was willing to pay $45.

Sometime in around 2002, a man started an ebay auction with the title "Spoon with me". Don't even ask how I found it. Anyhow, he had a picture of himself, was looking for a friend (maybe more), and wanted someone to spoon with. The auction closed at $42. :rolleyes:

Speaking of auctions, several months ago, a man found out that his wife was cheating. He started 7 auctions with mystery boxes, containing things like fine jewelry, designer clothing, and handbags. The angered wife called him and left a voice mail, chewing him out for selling her stuff. He also posted those on ebay, as well as her "personal photo collection". Guy ended up making $2000 IIRC.

Another good one even got recognition on the Today show. This auction was held by a burly man, full beard, some piercings, longer hair. His fiance left him, and he decided to sell the wedding dress she planned on wearing. Not only did he show a picture of the dress, he modeled the dress! Imagine this man, stuffing himself into a size 10 dress, putting his arms up in the air, and making ballerina-esque poses. It was one of my faves. His dress sold for $3190 IIRC, and was valued at a mere $600.

04-30-bride-main.jpg

Then there was the guy who started a site on how to make yourself look like a ninja with one t-shirt and a whole lot of folding. Sounds lame, but it was a classic.

shirt_ninja_06.jpg

Another funny one was the white Fox Mustang GT with the semi truck exhaust. At first I thought it was a photoshop until the pic was verified. Unbelievable!

I also recall seeing a thread on another board where a younger guy filled his rear axle housing with wheel bearing grease. He couldn't figure out why after a gear change, his car "felt like it was towing a motorhome". :nonono:

I have lots more, but I'd love to read other people's faves. Wonder if I can dig up some old links? :idea:

Jerry and I have had the internet since 1999. Thinking back, we have seen some pretty crazy stuff. I'll spare you the extremely disturbing bits, and try to keep this more on the "fun" side. Or funny, LOL.........I dunno which.

Michelle, you have WAY too much time on your hands girl! I thought I was a computer geek, but holy cow!

I do, Joe, I truly do! :happy feet: I mean, one would think this would give me a trivia edge, but it just doesn't work that way. The fact is I've *always* been a night owl, and TV started to bore me. So, I started flipping between Playstation and the internet. While I still love Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto (Vice City is my all time fave), I spend alot of time on forums, just reading more than anything. That's where I found the majority of my little oddities. I'm registered on more Mustang forums than anything else, but I also spend time on LS1 forums, as well as several DCX forums.

You wanna hear the sick part? I don't know ANYTHING about computers. I know how to email, and I know how to post on forums and stuff, but beyond that, I'm lost. I don't know how to defrag the computer and I know that control-alt-delete is there should I get in big trouble (which happens frequently, probably because I'm looking at all this freaky shit). :bandance:

I do not have a lot of time to search the net. I am on this forum every day.

Mustang season has started again and as a board member of the club I have to at meetings very early and set things up, blah, blah. Free weekends are being spent at swimming school, hockey field and other Mustang shows, where I do not have to 'work'.

About the night owl thing. When I was at work at 9.30 AM and you are online I know it is 3.30 AM in Ohio. Don't you need the sleep?

Or are you a kind of a Superwoman!!! :yup:

I do not have a lot of time to search the net. I am on this forum every day.

Mustang season has started again and as a board member of the club I have to at meetings very early and set things up, blah, blah. Free weekends are being spent at swimming school, hockey field and other Mustang shows, where I do not have to 'work'.

About the night owl thing. When I was at work at 9.30 AM and you are online I know it is 3.30 AM in Ohio. Don't you need the sleep?

Or are you a kind of a Superwoman!!! :yup:

PJ,

My sleep schedule is dreadful. M-F, I usually sleep from around 7 am until noon. :nonono: Weekends, as backwards as this sounds, I usually go to bed by 3 am so I can play catch up. I've been in this routine for months now (it usually happens at the start of fall and lasts through May), but once summer gets here, I'll usually call it a night at 1 am. I swear, I think I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder or something. :shrug:

PJ,

My sleep schedule is dreadful. M-F, I usually sleep from around 7 am until noon. :nonono: Weekends, as backwards as this sounds, I usually go to bed by 3 am so I can play catch up. I've been in this routine for months now (it usually happens at the start of fall and lasts through May), but once summer gets here, I'll usually call it a night at 1 am. I swear, I think I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder or something. :shrug:

And Jerry?

Jerry is a lightweight..............always out by 2 am. :nonono:

I found a few more honorable mentions. Don't worry.............for those of you who don't have time to find all this weird stuff, I'll make sure you get your fix. :)

This picture speaks for itself. I first saw it several years ago.

image0011.jpg

The one below is something I'll never forget. It surfaced shortly after September 11, 2001. This picture circulated the internet, and was reportedly taken just prior to the plane hitting tower 1. The rumors were dispelled, but IMO, that was an awful time to start a joke of that nature. It bothered me pretty bad because I'm a rather dense person to begin with, so I had no reason NOT to believe it.

The original picture

missing.jpg

Some of the photoshopped variants

waldo.jpg

wtc4.jpg

wtc7.jpg

wtc9.jpg

The guy was nicknamed "Waldo" because people said he looked like "Where's Waldo". In the months that followed, I saw over 300 variations of that pic, placing Waldo in everything from the movie ET to the video game Zelda.

Jerry is a lightweight..............always out by 2 am. :nonono:

I found a few more honorable mentions. Don't worry.............for those of you who don't have time to find all this weird stuff, I'll make sure you get your fix. :)

This picture speaks for itself. I first saw it several years ago.

image0011.jpg

Ouch, I always work under the car with jackstands. He must be pretty sure about this.

I found it!

Courtesy of my friends on the Dodge board, I found the pic of the "Mustang Semi truck hybrid"

102179.jpg

How disturbing is that? :kuko:

Thats someone with way to much time and money to burn. that requires a double :kuko::kuko: and a :confused: . Why do that to any car?

He most certainly IS welding the gas tank, LMAO. That's what makes the pic such a timeless classic.

It's legal to post the Semi Mustang pic on this site. It's a template of what NOT to do to your car, unless you want the StangsUnleashed crew to do all sorts of illegal shit to you.

Archived