TEAM SHELBY FORUM

And while I'm at it, when did this change???

gotoatz

Or, new stuff for the old fart........

In the 05 and the Bullitt, turn the key, keep starter engaged until the car starts, release key.........

The other day, turned the key on the Shelby, hand accidentally slipped off key, and the starter kept cranking until it started.....WTF? Had to be a fluke......

Turned it off, turned key to on.....barely bumped starter and released key.....Low and behold, starter continues to crank until start..........Had my buddy try it on his 2013 GT. Same thing......

So, when did this change??

Mike

My '12 does the auto start thing also, tap it to start and put on the seat belt and you are ready to go.

It's similar to the wife's '09 Venza with a key fob sensing start button, push once and it starts right up.

My 2011 does this as well. It has been a standard option on many Ford vehicles for years now, I have found out. Buddy has an 08 F350 that has 'bump start', and I was given an 07 Expedition a few years ago as a rental that had this feature. I agree, why is this not promoted as a nice feature???

• 4 weeks later...

My 2011s both do it. f-150 and shelby.

My 2010 Shelby doesn't have it, my 2012 Raptor does have it.

I remember it coming up before and IIRC, it started on the GT500's in 2011.

My 2011 F-150 King Ranch did it and so does my wife's 2011 Flex.

Phill

I had to get used to the new blinker system on that truck too. It's a nice touch.

I wish all of my cars had that.

I get into my wife's flex and try to signal like I'm in my truck. Nope, no 'lane change' option without holding the lever over.

Phill

I wish all of my cars had that.

I get into my wife's flex and try to signal like I'm in my truck. Nope, no 'lane change' option without holding the lever over.

Phill

Lol I am the same way. I think its funny how at least for me see and hear of some of these little new things and think, ehhh not that impressed. But after you have used them (i.e.; one touch start, lane change new blinker) for some time and get into another car without them you seem a bit lost wishing you had them.

I have a hard time with the electric steering and then going back to my 09 without, sure can tell the difference.

Archived