TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT Built Out

nilkilla

FYI:

just over a week ago ALL PRODUCTION STOPPED on S-GTs. If it is being upfitted for the S-GT package it is AT or ON ITS WAY to Shelbyautos. (found out the hard way..just took a deposit on an MSRP deal, to build to order and was rebuked by not only my order manager, but by our Zone Rep.)

5/11 was the official cut-off for ALL 2007 Mustang orders.(Hence why I thought I could get ONE MORE IN, LOL...)

So I have 5 S-GTs on the ground, and another 10 or so on the way in, but no more orders will get pulled.

best anyone could do, atm..is to run a dealer-to-dealer locate, and count the cars, though that wouldn't be exactly precise, since it won't show all of the purchased vehicles, and wouldn't show all of the incoming units...sorry I don't have acces to even verify that idea.

bug shelbydude :) he likee locate

....so is there any way you or another one of the dealer types (shelbydude?) can find out how many 2007 Mustang GTs were built with the 54U Upfitter package? That should give us an idea of how many 2007 Shelby GTs are being built.

The only thing I can tell you is there are over 3,200 showing up as of last night. Many of those are still waiting to be completed by SAI.

I have no idea how many have been sold already.

The target number is suppose to be 6,000 total.

It will be interesting to see if SAI can get them all finished and shipped to the dealers by the end of June before the 08's are out and on the ground.

Our last two 2007 Shelby GT's are already scheduled to be built on June 7th. They have full VIN #'s assigned already. They are due at SAI by June 22nd, per Ford. Figure a few more weeks for conversion and shipping to us and it'll likely be mid to late July before they arrive here.

My understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that 2008 Mustang production starts on June 11th, so the first of them should be hitting dealership by the end of June. This means my last two 2007 SGT's will arrive after our initial wave of 2008 Mustangs.

After production is completed for 2007's, it will be interesting to see just how many SGT's were built. I'm betting it'll be far short of the 6,000 planned. Overshadowed way too much by the GT500, GT500KR, GT500 Super Snake, etc.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 12 2007, 04:34 PM) 147289[/snapback]
I'm betting it'll be far short of the 6,000 planned. Overshadowed way too much by the GT500, GT500KR, GT500 Super Snake, etc.

That would be good for the people who have one. Exclusivity is a good thing. :happy feet:

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 12 2007, 03:34 PM) 147289[/snapback]
Our last two 2007 Shelby GT's are already scheduled to be built on June 7th. They have full VIN #'s assigned already. They are due at SAI by June 22nd, per Ford. Figure a few more weeks for conversion and shipping to us and it'll likely be mid to late July before they arrive here.

My understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that 2008 Mustang production starts on June 11th, so the first of them should be hitting dealership by the end of June. This means my last two 2007 SGT's will arrive after our initial wave of 2008 Mustangs.

After production is completed for 2007's, it will be interesting to see just how many SGT's were built. I'm betting it'll be far short of the 6,000 planned. Overshadowed way too much by the GT500, GT500KR, GT500 Super Snake, etc.

My dealer told me Ford had mine scheduled to be built the week of Jun 11th. I'm going to have to double check with them. I ordered it on May 2nd and figured i wouldn't get it till August.

My dealer told me Ford had mine scheduled to be built the week of Jun 11th. I'm going to have to double check with them. I ordered it on May 2nd and figured i wouldn't get it till August.

2007 Mustang production started the week of June 5th, 2006, FYI. Our very last 2007 Mustangs are scheduled for production within the week of June 4th, with the latest one showing June 7th. We've been ordering 2008's for the last few weeks, but none have been scheduled yet to know when Job 1 is, nor have we received a "Changeover/Timing" report from Ford showing the dates for Job Last (07) and Job 1 (08) on any models, including Mustang.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ May 12 2007, 06:48 PM) 147346[/snapback]
2007 Mustang production started the week of June 5th, 2006, FYI. Our very last 2007 Mustangs are scheduled for production within the week of June 4th, with the latest one showing June 7th. We've been ordering 2008's for the last few weeks, but none have been scheduled yet to know when Job 1 is, nor have we received a "Changeover/Timing" report from Ford showing the dates for Job Last (07) and Job 1 (08) on any models, including Mustang.

I called them to make sure i didn't have the date wrong. They checked and it showed Jun 11th. Going to be a long wait. Guess i'll be getting one of the last ones built. :waiting:

Archived