TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VMP 2.3TVS installed and now check engine light is on...

any ideas what amongst about 100 things that it could be??? We installed the TVS with the VMP elbow, changed the plugs per BJ's recommendation, installed the 2.5" pulley on the TVS shaft and replaced the stock idler with a 90MM one supplied by VMP. The install was basically clean with the exception of spilling some gasoline onto the block when we removed the opposite intake side fuel rail. Also my C&L CAI seemed to sit higher for some reason after the install. In fact after I saw the engine light come on I opened the hood and noticed that CAI filter was slightly crushed by my hood??? Any ideas??? Also any ideas of how I can diagnose it as I will not bring my car to the dealer. BTW the car feels like an absolute animal so if there is a problem it is not noticeable by the way the car feels. Oh we also installed 3 custom tunes that BJ sent me as well. They downloaded from the SCT tuner without a hitch.

Looks like you installed it upside down. Never mind, it's just the picture is upside down.

If the car is running well most likely a wire or sensor you forgot to reconnect during the install. Did you install bigger injectors? Not sure about the the newer GT500 - but the 07-09 models require an injector upgrade to keep up with fuel demands with a bigger S/C. Check all your plug/coil/injector connections - you may have one not tightly connected. Lastly, try some data logging under idle and part throttle & discuss results with your tuner.

I'll bet it's a loose connection or something else simple.

Congrats on your VMP S/C... I have the very same setup. I did not experience any engine codes when installed but I went over all of the connections while I let the car idle for 20 mins in the shop.. Let us know what code it threw.. The C&L cai fits just snug But can be a problem if not angled right...Good luck and be Safe... This setup is awesome....

I had the same setup done by Justin and BJ done in Hermann Mo. In may. My check engine light came on the next day and it turned out to be not enough airflow past the EGR, spoke to Justin and sent him the code and he promptly replied with a new tune that fixed it. Car is a beast now and absolutely runs great!

Archived