TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 Black GT500 - $2,245.00 off MSRP

• 2 weeks later...

The market has spoken here. Deeper discounting on the way.

The time to buy these leftover '14s will be Winter/Spring. You can tell the hungry car car salesman to hold all the BS about scarcity, "Limited Production", etc as the 500s will be dead in the water from a sales perspective at that point. This opinion will likely not be well received by some in the Ford retail industry or other enthusiasts but it is exactly how it always works. The Ford GT was the same way with their production axed early and discounting of units in dealer stock. The focus of attention will then have shifted completely towards the new, redisgned Mustang for '15. It would not be surprising to see a repeat of the Terminator scenario where there was invoice pricing & $3,000 rebate to get those cars to clear the market with the '05s on the way.

The time to buy these leftover '14s will be Winter/Spring. You can tell the hungry car car salesman to hold all the BS about scarcity, "Limited Production", etc as the 500s will be dead in the water from a sales perspective at that point. This opinion will likely not be well received by some in the Ford retail industry or other enthusiasts but it is exactly how it always works. The Ford GT was the same way with their production axed early and discounting of units in dealer stock. The focus of attention will then have shifted completely towards the new, redisgned Mustang for '15. It would not be surprising to see a repeat of the Terminator scenario where there was invoice pricing & $3,000 rebate to get those cars to clear the market with the '05s on the way.

Do not agree....I think the 14's will hold their price better than that...no way on invoice & 3,000 rebate

Do you always have to be a dick?

Do you always have to be a dick?

What is your problem? OK you don't agree with my opinion or is it some of the factual pricing history in my post that annoys you? I am sorry if this causes you distress. This is yet another instance where you attack or render judgement of someone on this forum. Who are you? Who do you think you are? You were wrestling with someone else yesterday who you did not agree with and were put in your place by that individual who is obviously much more cerebral than you appear to be.

I respect your opinions as I'm sure others do also. It is very controlling and childish to attack those of us who have a perspective and thoughts that differ from yours. Grow up, lose the control, Enjoy.

What is your problem? OK you don't agree with my opinion or is it some of the factual pricing history in my post that annoys you? I am sorry if this causes you distress. This is yet another instance where you attack or render judgement of someone on this forum. Who are you? Who do you think you are? You were wrestling with someone else yesterday who you did not agree with and were put in your place by that individual who is obviously much more cerebral than you appear to be.

I respect your opinions as I'm sure others do also. It is very controlling and childish to attack those of us who have a perspective and thoughts that differ from yours. Grow up, lose the control, Enjoy.

My problem is that every time someone posts a vehicle for sale, you criticize them for price gouging.

1. You obviously aren't buying the car.

2. And the most important part to this response- it is against company policy (in case you don't know, Team Shelby is owned by Shelby American) for anyone to flame for sale threads.

3. As a director of Team Shelby, and NOT an employee, I have the ability to call you out on it, especially since you do it every single thread that is posted, and its my duty to discourage negative trolling.

In fact, the next time I see you post on a for sale thread that is nothing short of GLWS, I'll bet the farm there will not be a public discussion.

You know nothing about any of us here. And the fact that you even bring up yesterday's topic shows that. I respect Phill, and I bet you get the same response from him.

You don't have have to share the same opinions here, in fact, its more fun when you don't. But forum policy will be followed here on out, and if you want to call that control, then whatever.

My problem is that every time someone posts a vehicle for sale, you criticize them for price gouging.

1. You obviously aren't buying the car.

2. And the most important part to this response- it is against company policy (in case you don't know, Team Shelby is owned by Shelby American) for anyone to flame for sale threads.

3. As a director of Team Shelby, and NOT an employee, I have the ability to call you out on it, especially since you do it every single thread that is posted, and its my duty to discourage negative trolling.

In fact, the next time I see you post on a for sale thread that is nothing short of GLWS, I'll bet the farm there will not be a public discussion.

You know nothing about any of us here. And the fact that you even bring up yesterday's topic shows that. I respect Phill, and I bet you get the same response from him.

You don't have have to share the same opinions here, in fact, its more fun when you don't. But forum policy will be followed here on out, and if you want to call that control, then whatever.

I didn't realize that you are that important. I guess that gives you the right to call me a "dick".

I didn't realize that you are that important. I guess that gives you the right to call me a "dick".

Its not a right, its an observation. When one person says it you might question their motive, but when SEVERAL people say the same thing... you may have to consider that it may be true. This forum is about collective enjoyment of our vehicles and, as far as I'm concerned, the process of buying, building, maintaining and eventually selling. If your comments are "generally" perceived as merely antagonistic, without merit, unsubstantiated and negative you've earned that label. Starting off by labeling yourself "dufus" probably wasn't the best start. Do yourself and us a favor, delete your account, come back as someone else we don't know and have a positive impact on our group... a fresh start. We won't miss "dufus".

I agree with Dubbsfarris, I wish it were true that it was that easy to get a 2014 for less money, but that just isn't the case from my experience. It is also getting old that every thread I read there's dufus saying how everyone is over paying.

Its not a right, its an observation. When one person says it you might question their motive, but when SEVERAL people say the same thing... you may have to consider that it may be true. This forum is about collective enjoyment of our vehicles and, as far as I'm concerned, the process of buying, building, maintaining and eventually selling. If your comments are "generally" perceived as merely antagonistic, without merit, unsubstantiated and negative you've earned that label. Starting off by labeling yourself "dufus" probably wasn't the best start. Do yourself and us a favor, delete your account... We won't miss "dufus".

x4!

Well, now you know. When you come back from time out, feel free to voice your opinions anywhere but on for sale threads.

Sorry Shelbydude, your thread won't be derailed again. We appreciate any and all opportunities to buy and sell here.

Please be respectful everyone and remember even though we have few rules, they will be enforced!

I come to this site to get information and see what's new in the Shelby world of cars and parts. For the most part, everyone on here is courteous and respectful

of each others opinions. For the life of me, I cannot understand why some people must create discontent on here. As most of you have probably heard this before,

Some of us need to be reminded. (If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!) That's all I'm saying. Back to the original topic Please. :backtotopic:

• 3 weeks later...

Since the release of the 2013-2014 GT500's, new threads on 2007-2012 have almost ceased. Because I have yet to own the newest generation Shelby I enjoy reading the drama amongst members throughout the site. For the purpose of adding my $.02, I think member feedback (whether its viewed positively or negatively) can be beneficial to the guests that view the site. They'll either gain insight or be able to think more critically given the perspectives of others

Archived