TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby ends GT350...

And you guys aren't talking about it? That's pretty big news if you are a 350 owner!

That's awesome!

Did you see the link posted at the top of the page this morning at 6:41am Pacific Time?

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/81912-shelby-american-announces-that-it-will-end-limited-run-of-its-shelby-gt350/

The primary concern for Shelby GT350 owners now and in the future will be the availability of replacement parts and customer support of this model.

We always stock warranty and service parts, and customer support never ends. No worries.

Jer

The 11' to 14' Shelby GT350 will become the most collectable of all the new era Shelby's. I have not even seen one in person yet,

When I was driving around the California coast last month, the most common comment that I received was that it was the first time the viewer had seen one. GT500 Mustangs were very common, but not the GT350. Since total production (yet unknown) is estimated to be only in the few hundreds, versus the 2007 to present production of GT500 Mustangs being over 40,000, the rare sighting is obvious.

We always stock warranty and service parts, and customer support never ends. No worries.

Jer

I am also concerned about the availability of specific exterior and interior that were made exclusively for the GT350. Items such as the rims, bumpers, hood, logo items, etc. Mechanical parts will be around as most are still produced for other Fords.

Don

Don,

We will not leave any GT350 customer in the cold. We're very proud of these cars, and will ensure many years of healthy service.

Jer

Don,

We will not leave any GT350 customer in the cold. We're very proud of these cars, and will ensure many years of healthy service.

Jer

Thanks, Jer. Good to know. Please don't use up all the GT350 parts on the cars that Gary takes on the track!

Don

When I was driving around the California coast last month, the most common comment that I received was that it was the first time the viewer had seen one. GT500 Mustangs were very common, but not the GT350. Since total production (yet unknown) is estimated to be only in the few hundreds, versus the 2007 to present production of GT500 Mustangs being over 40,000, the rare sighting is obvious.

I see the GT350's all the time , you just don't see many 40TH anniversary GT500s - maybe people get them confused with other GT500s :drop:

The 11' to 14' Shelby GT350 will become the most collectable of all the new era Shelby's. I have not even seen one in person yet,

Wonder what that will do to the resale prices of a more "rare " Shelby like the 40th anniversary and Terlingua

I see the GT350's all the time , you just don't see many 40TH anniversary GT500s - maybe people get them confused with other GT500s :drop:

Wonder what that will do to the resale prices of a more "rare " Shelby like the 40th anniversary and Terlingua

The history and story of the GT 350 is another reason for the collectability. The 40th and Terlingua will surely be collectable too, but not as disirable to the average buyer. The Shelby GT will be the one most can afford.

Yes, it will be a valuable collectable eventually. I remind people my '68 GT500KR sat on a dealer lot from early May, 1968 to October, 1968, and it took a steep discount and some extra options (AM/8-Track player) to get it sold. So, the GT350 could take a while too.

Yes, it will be a valuable collectable eventually. I remind people my '68 GT500KR sat on a dealer lot from early May, 1968 to October, 1968, and it took a steep discount and some extra options (AM/8-Track player) to get it sold. So, the GT350 could take a while too.

Nobody wanted that big block back then. You must have been nuts. Are you the original owner ?

• 3 months later...

Strange- I see 40ths and Terlinguas all the time. Must be the fact that 4 of my friends have both.

In fact, half of the total number of Terlinguas belong to friends. I think that is pretty cool!

I wish they would bring the Terlingua's back, but Gary P. explained its complicated and don't want to repeat what he said. That's a shame because a 2015 Mustang Terlingua with the eco-boost V6 could have huge potential and I am NO fan of 6-bangers!

That is one of the things that irk's me is how greedy do you need to be!! We all could be enjoying a newer version but too much selfishness ruins it for everyone

Yes, I know why and leaving the names out of this

It would sure be nice that Shelby American Mustang model had posted total production numbers as soon as the last one was completed. It has been repeatedly stated by SAI spokes[persons that each model would be limited production in order to sustain rarity and value, yet it is like pulling teeth to get the final production numbers.

I have also seen very few Terlinguas except at a few regional Ford/Shelby events. I have never seen one on the road.

If it has to be an EcoBoost, enviro-kook type six-banger car, forget it. :drop:

Agreed. I have the twin turbo 6 in my Explorer Sport and cannot fathom a 365 HP power plant in any Mustang, much less an upgraded performer with a GT350 nameplate. Keep it powerful or keep it home!

Strange- I see 40ths and Terlinguas all the time. Must be the fact that 4 of my friends have both.

In fact, half of the total number of Terlinguas belong to friends. I think that is pretty cool!

40th Anniversary????? You guys must mean those orphans in the attic who's 40th picture is hanging in the women's bathroom at SA. :hysterical2:

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the 40th anniversary 08 KR's have stopped their free fall and start leveling off. The KR is a beast which can't hurt things. I agree with the GT350 collectability formula. Limited build, quality package.

• 1 month later...

40th Anniversary????? You guys must mean those orphans in the attic who's 40th picture is hanging in the women's bathroom at SA. :hysterical2:

That would be us. All 210 left if we can ever find the two lost sheep that went through Quantum and then went off the radar.

Archived