TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500 Owner – Dubai

Quick hello to all from the HOT middle east. 42c outside today :extinguish:

Picked up a 2013 GT500 a week ago and love it! I can imagine it will make even more power in cooler temperatures.

A few questions – The only niggles I have:

The rear drive has a bit of a whine – although i've read this is quite normal with these cars.

Also, the rear right window area has a rattle sound depending on bass music, or sometimes is I'm driving on cobble/rough road surfaces. It's like a glass rattle but the glass and everything feels solid!

Under heady driving, hard acceleration sometimes the car becomes a bit 'bouncy' (wheel hop?)

Any tips :) Wanna iron out these niggles – although I love the car as it is!

:worship:

Thanks

post-41660-0-35507600-1374836009_thumb.png

post-41660-0-35507600-1374836009_thumb.png

the whine is normal, not sure about the glass rattle as I have a vert. i think the wheel hop is normal for these tires based on road conditions, small seams or bumps in the road seem to cause it to hop.

I think it's cool that you have a Shelby in Dubai. it must be interesting to see a GT500 in the land where exotic 6 figure cars are as common as hondas.

the whine is normal, not sure about the glass rattle as I have a vert. i think the wheel hop is normal for these tires based on road conditions, small seams or bumps in the road seem to cause it to hop.

I think it's cool that you have a Shelby in Dubai. it must be interesting to see a GT500 in the land where exotic 6 figure cars are as common as hondas.

Thank you – well, I personally think the Shelby is much cooler and rarer than all the Ferrari's etc around here - you see 30 Ferrari's, Porsches etc a day (at least)...Shelby's, maybe once a month :)

Congrats! Best color combo for sure (of course I am a little biased).... Have fun! Just about to hit 1K miles and I love it more and more every time I drive it.

Thank you! yes, agree, really classy, subtle colour combo. Love it and easy to keep clean with all the dust here.

Welcome to Team Shelby. Over the years we have had several members from Dubai. For many of us we got rid of the rear end whine by replacing the fluids with Royal Purple gear oil and 1 bottle of Ford friction modifier.

I fixed my wheel hop with BMR lower control arms with relocation brackets, the adjustable pan hard bar with a new brace. Set the relocation brackets at the lowest point for amazing grip when launching and the upper position for a more factory feel but it will still give you excellent grip. Tires also play a big part, for street use Michelin Pilot series and Pirelli "P" series are among the very best for overall use.

Welcome to Team Shelby. Over the years we have had several members from Dubai. For many of us we got rid of the rear end whine by replacing the fluids with Royal Purple gear oil and 1 bottle of Ford friction modifier.

I fixed my wheel hop with BMR lower control arms with relocation brackets, the adjustable pan hard bar with a new brace. Set the relocation brackets at the lowest point for amazing grip when launching and the upper position for a more factory feel but it will still give you excellent grip. Tires also play a big part, for street use Michelin Pilot series and Pirelli "P" series are among the very best for overall use.

Great, thanks for the tips David! Will look into those options :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I'll be there in December and then some in January. It is an AWESOME car! I wish I got to drive mine more often but I work in Afghanistan.....

so it stays put up a lot, been almost a year since my last drive.

Archived