TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just over 4,000 Shelbys Remaining for 2007

There is approx. 4 weeks left until the 2007 Mustang production comes to an end. So who knows how many more Shelbys will be produced over the next 4 weeks.

As of tonight there is just over 4,240 Shelbys left that are currently showing up.

Here is what is interesting.

They are building somewhere between 8,000 - 10,000 GT500's and only 6,000 SGT's.

As of tonight there are 3,220 SGT's showing up in inventory across the country. Now there are a LOT of these that are still sitting at SAI or still in transit on the way to SAI before being completed and shipped to the dealer. Ford invoices the dealer approx 7 - 10 days before the vehicle is built and usually adds it to the dealer's inventory as soon as it is released from the plant. For example, we have an SGT that was built on March 5th that we are still waiting on from SAI. But this car has been showing in our inventory for 2 months even though we still don't have it!

But what is interesting is that there is still over 50% of the total number of SGT's to be built that are still showing in inventory.

The GT500 is showing 10% or less of what the total production is suppose to be for all of 2007.

As of tonight there is a total of 822 GT500's showing up nationwide.

555 Coupes

267 Convertibles

This is about 8% - 10% of what the total production will be for 2007.

The 2008 production is suppose to begin on June 25th. So it will be real interesting to see how many GT500's will be showing up after that date once the 2008's start production. I will take another count at that time.

For those that are still waiting on one that could possibly be one of the best times to try and get one. With the 2008's out dealers that are still sitting on a 2007 just might be willing to deal more just to get rid of it. With the exception of several dealers that are sitting on a few that bought those from other dealers and paid $10K - $15K over to get them. Those dealers may end up stuck with a few unless they decide to cut their losses and take a big hit on them.

The other thing is that many of the 822 showing as of tonight there are probably a lot of those that are sold and just recently released from the plant and still in transit to the dealer. So I think the best time to get a better idea of what all is out there will be about two weeks after the 2008 production has started. By then I would suspect all the 2007 models will have been shipped and arrived at the dealer and any the ones that are sold will have been delivered to the customer by then.

There is approx. 4 weeks left until the 2007 Mustang production comes to an end. So who knows how many more Shelbys will be produced over the next 4 weeks.

As of tonight there is just over 4,240 Shelbys left that are currently showing up.

They are building somewhere between 8,000 - 10,000 GT500's and only 6,000 SGT's.

As of tonight there are 3,220 SGT's showing up in inventory across the country. Now there are a LOT of these that are still sitting at SAI or still in transit on the way to SAI before being completed and shipped to the dealer. Ford invoices the dealer approx 7 - 10 days before the vehicle is built and usually adds it to the dealer's inventory as soon as it is released from the plant. For example, we have an SGT that was built on March 5th that we are still waiting on from SAI. But this car has been showing in our inventory for 2 months even though we still don't have it!

But what is interesting is that there is still over 50% of the total number of SGT's to be built that are still showing in inventory.

The GT500 is showing 10% or less of what the total production is suppose to be for all of 2007.

555 Coupes

267 Convertibles

The 2008 production is suppose to begin on June 25th. So it will be real interesting to see how many GT500's will be showing up after that date once the 2008's start production. I will take another count at that time.

For those that are still waiting on one that could possibly be one of the best times to try and get one. With the 2008's out dealers that are still sitting on a 2007 just might be willing to deal more just to get rid of it. With the exception of several dealers that are sitting on a few that bought those from other dealers and paid $10K - $15K over to get them. Those dealers may end up stuck with a few unless they decide to cut their losses and take a big hit on them.

The other thing is that many of the 822 showing as of tonight there are probably a lot of those that are sold and just recently released from the plant and still in transit to the dealer. So I think the best time to get a better idea of what all is out there will be about two weeks after the 2008 production has started. By then I would suspect all the 2007 models will have been shipped and arrived at the dealer and any the ones that are sold will have been delivered to the customer by then.

not sure i'm following you shelbydude. are you saying there are 800 shelby GT500's on the lots right now? how many have been produced to date? how do you know this stuff?

not sure i'm following you shelbydude. are you saying there are 800 shelby GT500's on the lots right now? how many have been produced to date? how do you know this stuff?

Yes, there are 822 total that are on lots. But out of the 822 some are still on the way and have not arrived to the dealer yet.

I do not know how many have been built to date. I don't have that information. But I can see what is out there, where it is, what it is and what dealers have it.

I want to see THIS list, they show an invetory in all dealerships, share all invetory? I know when I was looking for mine, some dealers that did'nt show one in stock on the invetory list (internet )had 1 or 2 in the showroom! Some said they had 1 and did'nt, so how accurate is that? :redcard:

I want to see THIS list, they show an invetory in all dealerships, share all invetory? I know when I was looking for mine, some dealers that did'nt show one in stock on the invetory list (internet )had 1 or 2 in the showroom! Some said they had 1 and did'nt, so how accurate is that? :redcard:

Dealers have access to locate and search inventory across the country. That is how they find vehicles from other dealers when they do a dealer trade to find a specific vehicle for a customer.

If a vehicle was just recently sold it could still show in the inventory because Ford still has not removed it from the system yet. Everything in the system is put in by Ford and removed by Ford after the vehicle is reported sold. So there may be some showing up that may not be there. It may not be there because it was either sold or it still has not arrived to the dealer yet. If it is because it has not arrived yet the person you talk to may not know that they have it coming in. Or they may say they don't have it or they sold it because they don't want to give it up.

But if anything, that would only mean there are actually less than what is showing if it has been sold and not removed from the system. Or it could be on the way yet but it is already sold to a customer of theirs.

I can look and see if it was delivered to the dealer and the date it was delivered or if it is still in transit where has not arrived yet. But that would require clicking on each individual car and that would take way to long to go through 822 of them.

But I can search by colors, options, etc. By region, by State, etc. It is a lot better than what you would have to do to search on the internet by zip codes and this system is more accurate than what you can get from Ford's site searching through a dealers inventory.

Also, depending on the order code the dealer uses to order the vehicle it would never show up on Ford's site that you have access to. The dealer can order it like it is a sold unit and that won't show up online. Only stock ordered units will show up.

555 Coupes

267 Convertibles

Don't you think there is more demand for the 2007 as it's the 40th anniversary car...I think dealers realize this and will be asking a premium for left over inventory.

555 Coupes

267 Convertibles

Good info, thanks.

By the way, I recall a while back some person on here (can't recall who, but it was a dealer) was circulating some rumor that there would not be ANY 2008 GT500s produced....does anyone remember who that was or where the thread is? I wonder if that person still believes that. If I recall, they were trying to justify the really high prices they were charging for their cars by saying 2007 will be the ONLY year.

AD

Good info, thanks.

By the way, I recall a while back some person on here (can't recall who, but it was a dealer) was circulating some rumor that there would not be ANY 2008 GT500s produced....does anyone remember who that was or where the thread is? I wonder if that person still believes that. If I recall, they were trying to justify the really high prices they were charging for their cars by saying 2007 will be the ONLY year.

AD

There were a few claiming that. I don't recall seeing a dealer saying it here, but I had one say that when I inquired about one they had listed on ebay.

Don't you think there is more demand for the 2007 as it's the 40th anniversary car...I think dealers realize this and will be asking a premium for left over inventory.

In 30 - 40 years from now and if these cars are worth something, how much difference do you really think there would be between a 07 and 08?

I can't predict the future, and I didn't buy mine for what it might be worth in the future some day, and I probably won't be around in 40 years to worry about it.

So if I were given the choice between the two I may choose the 07 over the 08 but not if it meant paying a lot more over the other.

Lets say you had to pay $5K or $10K for a 07 over an 08? Which would you buy? What could you invest that $5K - $10K in and get a better return on that over the next 30 - 40 years than whatever return yo0u might get on buying a 07 Shelby?

I say take the $5K or $10K and put that down on a house. Rent it out. In 30 years it will be paid for and worth 3 - 4 times what you paid for it. That would be worth a lot more than what this car would be worth in the best case senario.

It's a great car and as long as Ford doesn't build it past 08 it will likely always retain a good resale value, but I wouldn't buy it as an investment in hopes of it being worth $100K - $300K someday after 30 years from now. Just investing the ADM cash alone would yield you a much better return over the next 30 years!

Good info, thanks.

AD

you are correct. it was lonestarfordinc. I believe his name is scott stubbs. works at lonestar ford in texas. they had an e-bay Ad that claimed that 2008 model year would not happen. it was a gimmick to get you to BUY NOW! BOY NOW! BUY NOW! on their 2007 with shameful ADM. he even came on the board and tried to defend what he said. I guess if there aren't any 2008's he won't be trying to sell any ? :hysterical2:

Good info, thanks.

AD

Lone Star Ford I think. I will try to find the thread.

just over a week ago ALL PRODUCTION STOPPED on S-GTs. If it is being upfitted for the S-GT package it is AT or ON ITS WAY to Shelbyautos. (found out the hard way..just took a deposit on an MSRP deal, to build to order and was rebuked by not only my order manager, but by our Zone Rep.)

5/11 was the official cut-off for ALL 2007 Mustang orders.(Hence why I thought I could get ONE MORE IN, LOL...)

So I have 5 S-GTs on the ground, and another 10 or so on the way in.

you are correct. it was lonestarfordinc. I believe his name is scott stubbs. works at lonestar ford in texas. they had an e-bay Ad that claimed that 2008 model year would not happen. it was a gimmick to get you to BUY NOW! BOY NOW! BUY NOW! on their 2007 with shameful ADM. he even came on the board and tried to defend what he said. I guess if there aren't any 2008's he won't be trying to sell any ? :hysterical2:

Ok Scott Stubbs...if you're out there...please tell us if you still think there will be no 2008 car.

In 30 - 40 years from now and if these cars are worth something, how much difference do you really think there would be between a 07 and 08?

I can't predict the future, and I didn't buy mine for what it might be worth in the future some day, and I probably won't be around in 40 years to worry about it.

So if I were given the choice between the two I may choose the 07 over the 08 but not if it meant paying a lot more over the other.

Lets say you had to pay $5K or $10K for a 07 over an 08? Which would you buy? What could you invest that $5K - $10K in and get a better return on that over the next 30 - 40 years than whatever return yo0u might get on buying a 07 Shelby?

I say take the $5K or $10K and put that down on a house. Rent it out. In 30 years it will be paid for and worth 3 - 4 times what you paid for it. That would be worth a lot more than what this car would be worth in the best case senario.

It's a great car and as long as Ford doesn't build it past 08 it will likely always retain a good resale value, but I wouldn't buy it as an investment in hopes of it being worth $100K - $300K someday after 30 years from now. Just investing the ADM cash alone would yield you a much better return over the next 30 years!

Valid point...but I was even looking 3-5 years out...I have the 40th Anniversary Shelby...it's not as much about resale as a mindset...for whatever that is worth...and most items where there is an anniversary involved retain their value much better...this includes Marriage... :hysterical2:

Good info, thanks.

AD

Lonestar ford was blowing smoke about the 08my on ebay and this forum.

Valid point...but I was even looking 3-5 years out...I have the 40th Anniversary Shelby...it's not as much about resale as a mindset...for whatever that is worth...and most items where there is an anniversary involved retain their value much better...this includes Marriage... :hysterical2:

There you go Rip, hit the nail dead square on the head.

1 model year means this year and 2007. People have interpreted this as 2 years.

Because or Ford's financial changes in the "way forward" plan,

the GT500 will be produced until the end of 2007. However, the Shelby

GT will be produced for 2 model years. But, in 2008 there will be

several new mustangs ranging from the Boss, Bullitt and KR featuring

the new niche 5.4 motor.

Original estimates on gt 500 production were developed with no shelby gt in mind

and the wixom facility being used. Also, Bill Ford was still ceo at that point.

The Wixom facility has since been closed and the GT 500 is being built

at the Woodhaven facility by auto alliance which is a joint venture

with mazda.

While many enthusiast and current ford employees may disagree, hold on

to this email

come march 2007 and you will see the face of Ford vastly changed in

size, production

and style.

Respectfully,

Scott Stubbs

For the record, Scott and I have a $500 bet on the table. I say production will continue through MY2008, including calendar year 2008.

My 2 favorite posts about the "no 2008" thread (http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4997&st=0)... hey, at least he was right about a KR version!

Hey rat... what are you going to spend your $500 on?? Do I get a cut of it for helping you remember it?? :spend: Will we need to send Vinny and Guido over to "persuade" Scott to give up the cash?? :hysterical2:

Archived