TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Week 2013 @ Myrtle Beach, SC

amydon91

I just returned from Mustang Week 2013, and it was again an awesome week of living, breathing, and talking Mustangs. This was my second year attending the event and it dawned on me this year that I could not turn in any direction and not see a Shelby, therefore I wondered why a Shelby representative or vendor was not on hand??

There had to be more than 400 stangs at this year's event and a good majority of them Shelby's. I spoke with a lot of fellow Shelby owners and we all agreed, where is "Shelby American". lt just seemed strange that such a high attended event and Shelby did not even have a tent set up? So I would like for someone who reads this to pass it on to Jer in the "shout box" or who is maybe a TS member to bring it up to someone at Shelby American and ask the question.....Why was Shelby American not represented at such a national event!!

Thanks.

I was there too, my 4th year, There were 600 cars entered in the show on Friday, I entered my SGT, It took over a hour just it get in. I bet there was another 1000 Mustangs in the mall lot and on the roads around there. I seen about 25 SGT's and 200 GT500 through out the week. Mustang Week is the best event hands down, 5 days of fun. If you seen 3 white SGT's and a red 68 GT500 KR parked together, that was us. Good luck getting SAI to be a vender.

I agree. I went last year and saw the potential. I am sure it would pay SA big dividends to attend. I feel the organizers will eventually need to find a larger venue as I heard they were turning people away this year. Says a lot about the week long event.

Thanks #1864, I did see you guys and all the cars looked awesome! Out of curiosity did you see any 08 SGT verts?? I did not see any and that is what I have! Thanks for filling in the numbers, I'm not a numbers guy.... just an old simple car guy!

KR664 Thanks for the support, I agree SAI is missing out big time on this event. I believe it's a geographical type issue more than anything else. Shelby being in Las Vegas does not seem to hit too many events in the SE USA. I say it's time we make a push to get them there for their own good!!

Pics are on their way H0050 do you work at SAI??

Amydon91

I did see 3 08 blue verts, actually one let me get into this lane so I could turn to go into cruise inn on Saturday, was that you? I know we won't see SAI there next year but a Team Shelby Contingency would be nice, I did seen 3 people with TS 13 tees on. And the best part of last week was the weather, sun, 84 every day and humidity wasn't bad. I had to get on the road at 3:00 pm on Saturday so I don't know how I did in the show, trying to contact MW to find out.

They can't let more then 600 cars in the show, 2 people spend 8 -10 minutes judging each car, and they look at everything. There car show is about clean, fit and finish, not what mods you have.

Amydon91

I did see 3 08 blue verts, actually one let me get into this lane so I could turn to go into cruise inn on Saturday, was that you? I know we won't see SAI there next year but a Team Shelby Contingency would be nice, I did seen 3 people with TS 13 tees on. And the best part of last week was the weather, sun, 84 every day and humidity wasn't bad. I had to get on the road at 3:00 pm on Saturday so I don't know how I did in the show, trying to contact MW to find out.

They can't let more then 600 cars in the show, 2 people spend 8 -10 minutes judging each car, and they look at everything. There car show is about clean, fit and finish, not what mods you have.

Awesome pics Kryptonite, a lot better than mine...Thanks! B)

Not a problem! Glad you enjoyed the pics. This has been my 12th (I think) Mustang Week. I've only missed one. It is amazing to see what this has grown into since it's inception.

How is mustang week? Wife and i were just talking about it. My wife gets uncomfortable very easily with,lets call them "adult situations " is this more of a family deal or what?

I would say a little of both, though no where as rowdy as Bike Week IMO.

A lot of Mustangs all over Myrtle Beach for about a week. Easily 1,500+ cars.

People of all ages. A lot of Mustang events, all are pretty much family friendly.

The Meet-n-Greet on Tueday, Car Show on Friday and Cruise-in on Saturday are definitely family friendly, just like any other car show or cruise-in.

Vandy09 it's family friendly! I took my son and daughter and never once did I fear that an "adult situation" was going to happen. However, there are unofficial "spin off" events that some partake. These events are not advertised and it's more like a few people that want to go party and do their own thing.

I would say the most you would see is a "vendor girl" working at a vendor tent wearing a bikini top and shorts! Other than that it's definitely family friendly. I brought my wife and trust me if it wasn't I would not be able to bring my kids!!

SGT 1864, glad to hear you actually saw some 08' verts, I did not see any! That was not me, I did not take any of my stangs this year due to making it a "family vacation" in which I actually had to pack the SUV with a lot of other stuff (beach stuff, kids clothes, etc...).

It's definitely sensory overload, by Saturday I was babbling in my sleep about all the different mods I saw throughout the week! We need to get Shelby American out there next year! It would be a huge venue for them!

Gamblers2 congrats it's great to see an 08' get a prize! You do have an extremely "crisp" looking SGT. I like to see that!!

But next year I'm bringing my 08' Vert to give you a little competition! It will be hard for the judges to decide because I think mine looks as good as yours, only difference is, it's a vert.... but for now you got the trophy.... :worship::yahoo:

Oh OK. We talked about upgrades.

Yep, that was me. Almost pulled the trigger on a set of the carbon fiber window louvers at the show. They didn't have the 05-09 ones though. If you ever decide to sell your rims let me know. B)

If anyone is interest to see what MB Mustang Week was like last week, go to YouTube search Mustang Week 2013. A lot videos of all the events, there is 24 min one of just the cars waiting to entering the show on Friday, lot of nice Stangs.

Archived