TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Update on the Dash Plates

500HP GT

Anyone have any info on the status of the dash plates ordered by some of us awhile back? Apologies if this has been discussed recently (I missed it in that case)

Check the Q/A form with Amy, there is a thread there covering the topic. Sounds like it will be a few more weeks before any finished plaques will go out. It does not make the car go faster, so I am in no rush.

Anyone know why GT500 owners have to pay what $300-400 dollars for this while SGT owners get theirs for free with the car???

Im paying $10k over and feel that this shoud come for free from SAI as it should have left the factory like that or not offered at all. ahhh I think Im answering my own questions here but basically this car (gt500) started off as a SVT Cobra and then after it was too late to make changes (add shelby touches) SAI decided to offer those subtle touches at a premium to us GT500 folks.

Now if that money for the dash plates goes towards CS donation fund then I am all for it, otherwise I think its a rip and taking advantage of the apparently wealthy GT500 owers.

What does everyone else feel?

Anyone know why GT500 owners have to pay what $300-400 dollars for this while SGT owners get theirs for free with the car???

Im paying $10k over and feel that this shoud come for free from SAI as it should have left the factory like that or not offered at all. ahhh I think Im answering my own questions here but basically this car (gt500) started off as a SVT Cobra and then after it was too late to make changes (add shelby touches) SAI decided to offer those subtle touches at a premium to us GT500 folks.

Now if that money for the dash plates goes towards CS donation fund then I am all for it, otherwise I think its a rip and taking advantage of the apparently wealthy GT500 owers.

SAI has nothing to do with the GT500 in stock form, they do not touch them. SAI takes stock GT Mustangs and turns them into Sheby GTs at their facility in Las Vegas, so the plaque is part of that conversion. Why would they provide something for free??

Because the Shelby Gt is a "real" Shelby. It has the special Shelby lemony scent and April freshness.

:hysterical2:

SAI has nothing to do with the GT500 in stock form, they do not touch them. SAI takes stock GT Mustangs and turns them into Sheby GTs at their facility in Las Vegas, so the plaque is part of that conversion. Why would they provide something for free??

Because they are NICE !!!!! and they like us............... :hysterical2:

The SGT owners are not getting it for free. Trust me, that cost is built into the $7,390 SAI is billing the dealers for all the upgrades they do to the car which would include any cost of the dash plaques.

I also understand the dash plaques on the SGT are not hand signed by Carroll where the GT500 plaques are hand signed.

The plaque also includes the door sill plates which if you ordered those alone they are $99. So the plaque itself would be $200 of the $299 you are paying since $99 of that would be to cover the door sill plates.

The SGT owners are not getting it for free. Trust me, that cost is built into the $7,390 SAI is billing the dealers for all the upgrades they do to the car which would include any cost of the dash plaques.

I also understand the dash plaques on the SGT are not hand signed by Carroll where the GT500 plaques are hand signed.

The plaque also includes the door sill plates which if you ordered those alone they are $99. So the plaque itself would be $200 of the $299 you are paying since $99 of that would be to cover the door sill plates.

Good call Shelbydude. Having a hand signed plaque is 'definitely' special and well worth the $299. Can't wait to get mine.

I really like the dash plaque. I can understand why you guys want one. I like to look at mine even while I drive (not a good idea...I know...)...

Copy%20of%20IMG_2557.JPG

:beatdeadhorse:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here is another update. I have been off the past couple of days. My whole family came into town. I haven't seen my wife and kids since last October. Haven't seen my parents , my brother and sister in over a year. WHAT a GREAT time!!!!!!! Oh, the update Well, I could'nt let them all leave with out seeing where I work. So, all 12 of us took a little trip to Shelby. While they did the tour, I of course had to check on some stuff I missed the past few days. And lo and behold, in my office were 300-400 dash plaques. They just came in!!!!!! When I get in around 5am on Thursday, that is the first thing I am going to jump on!!!! Its going to take a little time trying to match up the done plaques with the list of names. But, between Thursday and Friday, I am going to send out as many as I can. I may even come in on Saturday to try and finish up all of the matching so I can get the remaining ones out the early part of next week. Its going to be a bit tedious, but I will work my butt off to get these out ASAP!!!!!! And they do look sweeeeeet!!!!!

Bud

got my dash plaque and sill plates today. they are soooooo cooooool....... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

cb

got my dash plaque and sill plates today. they are soooooo cooooool....... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

cb

Show a pix please.

Picture already :finger:

If Bud is not starting to send them until Thursday and Friday, how do you have one already?? :hysterical: Bud?

+1 I want mine. That is very cool Cobra Boy. Congrats!

cb

CB,

Very nice, thanks for the Picture. When did you order it ????? I ordered mine back in mid March, the first Day you could place the order, and as of Yesterday they still have not charged my credit card.

Thanks

Jay

Archived