TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First mistake - This car is Low!

pgodden

Well I did it, thought I could clear a low clearance curb and scraped the ground effects. So to go along with all the cool stuff on the new ride I have a nice scrape to deal with. What is ones options on this or should I even bother at this point?

post-41371-0-24577300-1374118654_thumb.jpg

post-41371-0-24577300-1374118654_thumb.jpg

I left my scraped up, OE, front splitter on and rarely scrape anymore, and I have a new one stored away.

My front splitter ground clearance went from the original 5" to 6" by putting on 285/40x19, fronts, and 295/35x20, rears, all MPSS's. This 1" gain does not compute, but it happens!

Just sand paper off the ragged splitter edges after scraping & it'll look OK!

I left my scraped up, OE, front splitter on and rarely scrape anymore, and I have a new one stored away.

My front splitter ground clearance went from the original 5" to 6" by putting on 285/40x19, fronts, and 295/35x20, rears, all MPSS's. This 1" gain does not compute, but it happens!

Just sand paper off the ragged splitter edges after scraping & it'll look OK!

Sandpaper Really?

Pgodden:

Don't feel too bad. I made the same mistake at t PetSmart recently. I have a rule that I always back into a parking spot but one time wheni went to get a toy for a friend's pet, I had a brain fart and pulled into a curb that was too high. I said a lot of four letter words, got out and saw the CF splitter cracked in two. Luckily, I had a new unopened one in the attic that I could put on. That was an $800 pet toy.

Kevin

Pgodden:

Don't feel too bad. I made the same mistake at t PetSmart recently. I have a rule that I always back into a parking spot but one time wheni went to get a toy for a friend's pet, I had a brain fart and pulled into a curb that was too high. I said a lot of four letter words, got out and saw the CF splitter cracked in two. Luckily, I had a new unopened one in the attic that I could put on. That was an $800 pet toy.

Kevin

I have heard that the front splitter is only about $150! What are you replacing for $800?

440:

Although not currently in stock, carbon fiber Super Snake front splitter was $700 (plus shipping) from Shelby.

K

And because its not very heavy it's a big bulky part and thus costly to ship. For the gt the recommendation is to order it from the dealer so ce the price saving from the net parts guys doesn't make up for the additional shipping charges

Well I did it, thought I could clear a low clearance curb and scraped the ground effects. So to go along with all the cool stuff on the new ride I have a nice scrape to deal with. What is ones options on this or should I even bother at this point?

that's why I didn't install my lower dam, i knew I would do the same thing and the scratch would drive me nuts, I'd have to keep a dozen new lower dams in stock in the garage.

Once you scrap it beyond your liking, replace it with a new one but use the new one only at shows. The damaged one is good for DD.I do this with my cf splitters.

Do they pop on and of fairly easy?

Depends. Since I'm on bags I just hit the switch and lift it all the way up, bust out my screwdriver and in a couple minutes its off. Takes about 5 minutes to put the other back on since I do it by myself. I guess if your not lowered it will be the same height as mine lifted :D

I don't keep my lower air deflector plate bolted to the back of the splitter though for just this reason. Makes life so much easier

• 2 weeks later...

Ford has done some excellent engineering on this car but the lower splitter is not one of them for street use. Could not get into my driveway and everytime going into a new parking lot had to go reeeel slow and cut the gutter diagonally. I think the lower one is really only useful on a (flat) track.

Just bought spares from Ford,

retail for upper (panel) = $243.17 Part# AR3Z*17626*AA wholesale = $183.10

retail for lower (deflector) = $154.40 Part# DR3Z*63001A04*AA wholesale = $135.64

Archived