TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This is just wrong...

CSX4833

I've had my car 6 1/2 years, I've enjoyed it immensely. I take good care of it and try to limit the excursions into rain. Only because it's such a dirty town, the streets turn to mud, and don't ever let anyone tell you a white car is easy to keep clean. It's not.

SAM_1985.jpg

I have got caught in the rain around 5 times. And each detail afterwards takes about 50% longer than just a hand wash.

What helps the most is hand washing with ICE and keeping a couple coats of ICE paste on it. The highway and summer out here are ruthless with insects. Water that is ice cold on a thick cotton rag, then mash baking soda into it to make a paste. Lightly apply to area, let stand a couple minutes, simply wipe off with wet rag and rise thoroughly, then wash as normal. Touch up with a quick coat of ICE liquid and you are as good as new. Works great on the glass and plastic too. Just don't rub it. let it do the work.

Hey guys. There is a guy that lives down the road from me here in northern Mich. He, also lives on a LONG dirt road. My wife saw this fellow driving a 65-66 ish (she wasn't sure the year) GT-350 down that very dirt road from his house. He has had it for quite a long time and apparently to some people IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER.

This is an example of why I do not buy used cars.

:headscratch:

A little shampoo and water and this beautiful SS will be just fine. How do I know?

I drove from Vegas to Jersey in 3 days... Snow, Sand storms, Rain and more Sand storms...

My car is immaculate... with 42,000 miles. I know Carroll would be proud!

Here's the engine bay after 4 days of detailing the whole thing.

This thread is taking up too much of my time. All I meant to say is in my point of view, to get this much mud on the back of a car like a GT, it was driven someplace that was probably not indicative of the roads most owners would drive. I'm letting this go, people get so touchy now-a-days over the littlest things. I wasn't upset over this.

Have you not ever taken a Trip / Vacation up north in the Winter when it is sleeting or Snowing with a little Rain? You Car will look just like that after a few Hours.

Road trips in the Shelby are the best. Mine has looked pretty bad after some road trips to Terlingua 5 times, Las Vegas Bashes, CA trips and all back to Houston. Heading out to catch the Rte 66 tour in a couple of days and off to Dearborn to see my engine builders. Car cleans up very nicely. Clear bra and tons of coats of Zaino and ICE make cleaning all the road grime off a breeze. Carroll wanted these cars driven, not put on pedestals :-). As I said earlier In the thread, that is how I got him to sit in my car and sign his name to it. Cya in Dearborn Dan!

Road trips in the Shelby are the best. Mine has looked pretty bad after some road trips to Terlingua 5 times, Las Vegas Bashes, CA trips and all back to Houston. Heading out to catch the Rte 66 tour in a couple of days and off to Dearborn to see my engine builders. Car cleans up very nicely. Clear bra and tons of coats of Zaino and ICE make cleaning all the road grime off a breeze. Carroll wanted these cars driven, not put on pedestals :-). As I said earlier In the thread, that is how I got him to sit in my car and sign his name to it. Cya in Dearborn Dan!

I follow the example of some pretty cool car drivers :grouphug: .................Looking forward to see you in Dearborn Sherri

I have driven my old 04 Mach 1 off road plenty of times. Never had a problem, except when it came to cleaning the car. I don't see a problem, and I believe it's their car let them trash it. Plus it's not like the car is going to be worth six figures.

I have driven my old 04 Mach 1 off road plenty of times. Never had a problem, except when it came to cleaning the car. I don't see a problem, and I believe it's their car let them trash it. Plus it's not like the car is going to be worth six figures.

I don't know which car you're speaking about but I know Danny was already offered six figures for his Super Snake......

Going on a road trip soon with my dad for his 70th birthday, so mine's going to get pretty dirty since we'll be covering much of the southeast and won't have much time for a good cleaning. It'll look a little bit like that GT toward the end of our 10 days but it will be worth it for a once in a lifetime trip with my dad in my GT500... it will start clean and will get a full detail when I get back for sure but I don't want anyone snapping pictures of it from the road and posting on here B)

I don't know which car you're speaking about but I know Danny was already offered six figures for his Super Snake......

Yes, I was offer six figures (twice) and didn't take it....................... :doh:

If you want to sell your Shelby, take it to Europe. :spend:

Just home a few hours from a 3,639 mile, 2 country, 12 state road trip. Cleaned up once after 1,900 miles or so and took home an award from the Mustang Memories car show at Ford World HQs. They clean up really well and fairly easily :-)

Great to see you And Margie, Dan!

Archived