TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This is just wrong...

CSX4833

Heck, my Roush looked like that the first night I got it home from the dealer. Not everybody lives in the city you know...... :hysterical: There is life after the pavement ends. I only have a 1/2 mile of dirt road to my house, and if it rains (which I haven't seen in a long time), the back of my car looks like that one pass down the road.

A little dirt behind the wheels, ok. Mud that completely covers the back, a totally different thing. A GT isn't a Hummer. Oh well, it's not my car.

This thread is taking up too much of my time. All I meant to say is in my point of view, to get this much mud on the back of a car like a GT, it was driven someplace that was probably not indicative of the roads most owners would drive. I'm letting this go, people get so touchy now-a-days over the littlest things. I wasn't upset over this.

...people get so touchy now-a-days over the littlest things.

You mean things like getting butt-hurt enough over where someone drives their own car to post about it on a forum?

I know so. He was signing a special car for someone. As he was walking off I went up and said Mr. Shelby, would you sign a dirty white vert? He asked how dirty and I said the bugs were falling off of it. This was down in Terlingua TX and it is nasty, dirty, buggy desert. We walked up and he examined all the bugs that had fallen off the front grill and commented that is how they should be driven! Check my avatar :-)

I couldn't agree more...I don't drive my CS6 very much simply because if anything happens I'm out a lot of cash because the program was discontinued

however, I now have a spare upper & lower grill, spare letters, spare stripe kit and as of yesterday a spare hood so once I find an original spare front fascia I will drive it a lot more than just to the odd car show..

My GT-500 I drive every single chance I get....I'm very careful where I park but that's about it and I love every minute of it...I even just put my 96 vert back on the road as it was killing me to see it sit in my shop for the past 6 years....it will still never see a winter but I forgot how much fun it is just to put the top down and drive a Mustang without a care in the world....it is truly very liberating..

We have placed far too much value on these cars and many forget to truly enjoy them every chance you can.

Regardless of how some people feel about the condition of his car, everybody has a right to their position. My position is no more right or wrong than those that think its fine. It was simply an observation that I think it's wrong. Those that don't think so, fine. It's just an observation. To say that I'm upset about it is dead wrong. I'm not losing sleep over it and I wouldn't admonish the owner if I saw them. I could care less how he drives his car and where. Again, in case you didn't understand it the first time, it was just an observation and my PERSONAL opinion that it is just wrong. Those that drive your cars in the mud, go ahead, it's your car. I drive mine every day I can, but I don't motor cross with it.

Regardless of how some people feel about the condition of his car, everybody has a right to their position. My position is no more right or wrong than those that think its fine. It was simply an observation that I think it's wrong. Those that don't think so, fine. It's just an observation. To say that I'm upset about it is dead wrong. I'm not losing sleep over it and I wouldn't admonish the owner if I saw them. I could care less how he drives his car and where. Again, in case you didn't understand it the first time, it was just an observation and my PERSONAL opinion that it is just wrong. Those that drive your cars in the mud, go ahead, it's your car. I drive mine every day I can, but I don't motor cross with it.

You don't need to apologize for your opinion. In my view there is a vehicle for every purpose. If I want to drive in the mud, I take my Ram 4X4. When the weather is good and the roads clean, I take my Shelby. The guys that use a Shelby for mud runs will eventually end up with a car that looks like this: http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/05/abandoned-deloreon-found-in-the-back-woods-of-north-carolina . The junk yards are full of similar examples: http://jalopnik.com/5102534/massive-secret-mustang-junkyard-found-in-rhode-island-forest

Well.........Did you talk to them to see WHY it was dirty? There could be several good reasons why it is Dirty. I have owned some pretty rare Cars such as Cobra Jet Mach 1's (4) a 67 T-5 Fastback, a 70 Grade Coupe with a Dealer Installed Rumble Seat, some pretty wicked 71-73 Mach 1's, some pretty rare 65-66 Fastbacks and not to mention all the Licensed "Tribute Edition Shelby Prototypes" and with my bad Back, many times the Cars had to go a few weeks without a Bath. Usually they got wiped down everyday so people gave me hell when they saw them dirty, until they found out why. See my next post........................

You don't need to apologize for your opinion. In my view there is a vehicle for every purpose. If I want to drive in the mud, I take my Ram 4X4. When the weather is good and the roads clean, I take my Shelby. The guys that use a Shelby for mud runs will eventually end up with a car that looks like this: http://www.complex.com/rides/2013/05/abandoned-deloreon-found-in-the-back-woods-of-north-carolina . The junk yards are full of similar examples: http://jalopnik.com/5102534/massive-secret-mustang-junkyard-found-in-rhode-island-forest

+100

Apparently, many of us value these cars more than some would like. It's not "just a car" it's "just an opinion".

My car lives in a bubble and admit that I cringe when people speak of driving their Shelby as a daily driver or even in the rain or not providing a garage for it to live in, it's not a shrine to me but feel it has more value that Honda Civic and it's more than just monetary (again, just an opinion). As well, I would surmise that most that frequent this website or participate in Team Shelby events would feel the same or why bother?. .

People may buy a Shelby for different reasons (show or go) but If you feel comfortable trashing your car or letting it rust to oblivion that's your prerogative but don't slam a guy 'cause he thinks it's a crime like I would hope most of us do.

As an OCD / Anal Retentive owner I took it as a tongue in cheek opinion that maybe the next place that car should drive to is the car wash.

Why everything has to be dissected & over analyzed I don't know.

Is it up to the owner how they treat their car? Absolutely.

Is it wrong that some of us think "poor car, please wash it" when we see a vehicle we like looking that dirty? Absolutely not.

• 2 weeks later...

I seen a 08' Shelby GTvert that looked like it had not been washed for six months. That car was filthy dirty and with the lowered stance made it look like a broken down cheap V6.. Just dont neglect them. It was bad.

Archived